Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-21-2021, 04:26 PM   #1371
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
Quality going down? Lol you must have missed out on the Prime Wars trilogy.
Fun fact, I had not one QC issue through Prine Wars, but have had SEVERAL with WFC. First time ever I have experoenced QC problems so yeah, I support the claim of down.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 06:26 PM   #1372
The Nemesis
Alternator

I should complain about my paranoia over non-shipping orders more often. no sooner do I say this morning that I'm worried about how my Headmasters haven't shipped than I end up getting an e-mail telling me they have shipped.

Estimated delivery is the 31st. Seems like a ways away but I forget that it's a long weekend coming up. By the end of the month I'm going to be swimming in new Transformers between these and like 3/4s of the Kingdom Wave 2 stuff I've been looking for.
Old 05-21-2021, 06:30 PM   #1373
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
Fun fact, I had not one QC issue through Prine Wars, but have had SEVERAL with WFC. First time ever I have experoenced QC problems so yeah, I support the claim of down.

Yeah, I agree from my personal experience.

I didn't have issue in Prime was products.

But recently figures both SS Scourge and Kingdom Warpath had QC problem. SS Scourge was wrong parts while Warpath missing parts.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 09:35 PM   #1374
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
Titans Return was one of my favourite lines of all time. POTP was more or less a repeat of Combiner Wars and a let down as a result. Wasn't really pushing things forward and the mold re-use was tiring. I did the like the dinobots, but Grimlock wasn't great.

Thanks to POTP, I was going to quit. WFC pulled me back in, Earthrise was nudging me out a little, and Kingdom is now the best of the three so far. I keep saying the prices are going to push me out but I stick around... now, though, with space at home being limited and costs becoming so extreme I think I'm going to have to bow out. I know I'm planning on selling off 1/3 of my collection in the coming weeks.
Agreed on POTP. Combine wars did a great job on the combiners (well, menasor was...). But the endless redecos into Autobots was boring. I think people get hung up on that; but the molds were designed as updated combiner teams FIRST, not core characters. 🤷Cw leader class was great. And I agree, titans return was amazing. Deluxe class was "all bangers." We got fucking sky shadow and overlord??!!!!

POTP being just "more" was weird. Abominus was lights-out, the dinobots were fine, and the rest was mediocre. Well, to be fair, I loved the mini-pretenders, but that price point was and is lame outside of a few.

What I'm laughably annoyed about is the assertion thst WFC somehow doesn't have the same qc issues that have been prominent in generations since... Well, forever. There is absolutely a different aesthetic in WFC from PW; which had a different aesthetic from thrilling 30, which was different from universe, which was different from classics v1. Some folks just want "g1, with knees and elbows." That's fair! Just not as cut and dry as they assert.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 12:27 AM   #1375
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

I guess what I'm thinking about in terms of "quality" is better design, detail and paint application. I agree every single line has had QC issues, at least in recent memory. But in terms of interesting engineering, detail and paint, WFC is undoubtedly a step up from Prime Wars. They had a lot of simplistic transformations and things like unpainted taillights and wheels. Obviously these issues still exist but I feel like it has improved overall.
Old 05-22-2021, 01:04 AM   #1376
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
I guess what I'm thinking about in terms of "quality" is better design, detail and paint application. I agree every single line has had QC issues, at least in recent memory. But in terms of interesting engineering, detail and paint, WFC is undoubtedly a step up from Prime Wars. They had a lot of simplistic transformations and things like unpainted taillights and wheels. Obviously these issues still exist but I feel like it has improved overall.
It depends on what you mean. For example, titans return deluxes have some BRILLIANT conversions that are far from simplistic. If you're talking aerialbots or really any combiner limbs, the answer is yes, but: they are also arms and legs. You can't ask a toy designed to be that be as specific as one that is only a car and a truck. I will say that the endless redecos were lame. They worked as the various combiner teams. Cw Magnus is awesome. Cw Megatron. Tr overlord, sky shadow, maybe simple but so packed with awesome. WFC trailbreaker is simple. The earthrise seekers are simple. 🤷🤷🤷

Paint apps.. you're probably right but a lot was wasted on battle sputz. And Rodimus looking so underdetailed coming up.

I will say, the one thing I hated in prime wars was any part that was "paint dipped" cos it couldn't be molded in the right color plastic. They used this super glossy, thick, glooopy kind of pain that was awful. Not paint details, but things like Pyra Magna's thighs. Blitzeing was really gloopy.

I'm just gonna stump hard for titans return cos that line was fabulous. The jumpstarters, misfire and slugslinger, the fantastic Blurr mold, highbrow and scourge, chromedome, just tremendous stuff.

Old 05-22-2021, 01:43 AM   #1377
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Yeah, TR was pretty great for the most part. I think CW left a bad taste in my mouth but there were highlights and they were that way for a reason, like you said. Everybody has different definitions of quality and what they want in a figure I guess. Anyway, guess we better bet back on topic lol.

Last edited by kirbenvost; 05-22-2021 at 01:54 AM.
kirbenvost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 01:47 AM   #1378
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Walmart - is it a corporate monopoly that should be destroyed?

Our story at 11!

Cyclonus is oos again fyi

Old 05-22-2021, 02:11 AM   #1379
The Nemesis
Alternator

Lol, so I said that this afternoon I got my shipment e-mail for the Headmasters.

Estimated date of delivery: May 31st.

Later this evening I got another e-mail and an alert from the walmart app:

"Your shipment has been delayed."

Ok. that's weird, but at least it's not cancelled.

New Delivery date: May 31st.

Me: "Huh..."
Old 05-22-2021, 11:18 AM   #1380
pandaprime
aficionado!

deluxe-deseeus-army-drone
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/transfo.../6000202745581

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags