Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-25-2015, 06:48 PM   #481
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian
Re: Dealling with People on Kijiji.... My head Explodes

Just worked a deal with a guy, came to an agreement on price, lots of communication back and forth - Then he asks how close I was to his location he suddenly vanishes.

I guess 10-12 minutes of driving was too much of a hassle for him. I would have gladly met him somewhere in the middle.

Oh well. People are weird I guess.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:45 PM   #482
Megatron75
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeCron View Post
My first no show...I am extremely furious...Ross Alvarez from Mississauga you suck...
That's too bad. Did you travel far to meet him?
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:53 PM   #483
Megatron75
Alternator

I once had someone bump up the price of an MIB G1 figure to the tune of $40. Apparently it was due to the overwhelming interest they had received in it after I had already agreed to their initial asking price and we were in the process of planning our meeting.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:32 PM   #484
PrimeCron
Metroplex
PrimeCron's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron75 View Post
That's too bad. Did you travel far to meet him?
No...just drove up the street but waited over a hour...I left 2 voice mails and 2 text messages...and just now received a text message(4 hours later) with a story that may be true...still sucks...oh well..moving on to next buyer...

Feedback link...
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27458

Last edited by PrimeCron; 01-29-2015 at 03:42 PM.
PrimeCron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 02:15 AM   #485
JTCh
Armada

Pre-ordered a copy of Monster Hunter 4 for 3DS and forgot about it. I don't drive by Bestbuy often so I figured I'll prop it up on kijiji and maybe someone nearby will take it off my hands.

After several messages back and forth in a span of maybe 20 minutes I got a guy that was closed by so met up with him. He looks at the game and said it is not brand new (even though it's sealed), I was just sorta surprised so I was like whatever if you don't want it that's fine.

Later in the evening, got an email from the same guy accusing me of trying to sell used copy as new, but he would pay me $25 for it (was selling for $40). His email was a little offensive and outward creepy since he seems to have search up on me and threatened me that the local community is small with my other hobby.

I got offended and wrote a rather long reply back. But after thinking about it, I think he was just a lowballer in disguise, was probably just trying to lowball me right off the bat.

Doesn't really matter to me though since I am just going to return it. No more kijiji for me after this creeper incident.
I think I am too used to dealing with the kind folks on here

Last edited by JTCh; 02-24-2015 at 02:20 AM.
JTCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 02:26 PM   #486
dingd0ng
Nexus Maximus

My experience was a bit different on kijiji, i sold stuff that are non-transformer related like baby stuff, cell phones and tablets and all came out great. I only bought transformers (couple of times) but only from the same seller on kijiji. He is also on this board, thumbs up to him. Excellent seller, I actually got some very nice stuff from him shipped to me from Mississauga/Brampton as I was not able to go out there to pick it up.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:59 PM   #487
Supernova
Second star to the right

This guy's got to be dreaming...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/no...ull/1053863738

I have a suspicion that I know who the seller is, but I have no evidence to back it up. If it is, it's not his first time trying this. Cheers to him if someone actually buys it all, though...

Transformers and Other Stuff For Sale

My Feedback Thread
Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:00 AM   #488
DesertDog
Beast Machine

Funny, I've had pretty much nothing but good experiences with Kijiji. But I'm the kind of buyer who shows up on time with cash in hand and not even the concept of haggling in my mind.

Some of the new fathers, homeowners and recently divorced in town have supplied me with multiple Misb items, to the point where I can recognize their home from their ads. Good thing I don't have kids, a house or an ex, my collection is safe for now.

The worst thing so far has been waiting an extra 15 min for the guy to whom I sold my loose M.U.S.H.A. cart because he missed the train. Not bad so far.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:11 PM   #489
Scramble City Punk
Generation 1

I have had good and straight up dumb (but luckily avoidable) interactions on Kijiji. Nothing bad has happened though. I've only sold cameras and lenses and maybe it's like this for more expensive items, but always within the first hour of putting something on kijiji, I get text messages (never emails or phone calls for some reason) from scammers in the same three places; New York, California and Africa. I google the phone numbers and it always comes back to those three areas. It's the same story every time, they'll pay me double what I am asking if I ship it to them. I always feel bad for the one person in a thousand who will fall for this scam. Thankfully that's only as big of a nuisance as ignoring a text message.

I haven't had a single bad experience selling anything locally. No one has flaked out and not shown up at an agreed upon time or tried to renegotiate. Or worse, come back half a year latter saying they don't want it anymore.

(A friend sold his old Keurig coffee maker to a used car dealership and well over a year latter and probably 1000 cups later, they emailed him saying they wanted their money back cause the machine just broke.)

On the flip side, trying to buy comics and figures is usually hit but mostly miss. Twice now I've responded to two different listings saying I'll gladly pay their asking price no problem, they'll email me back saying great, I'll reply with a question of when will be most convenient time for them to meet up-- and then nothing. No response. No hey, somebody offered me more. But whoever offered them more never buys their stuff cause a couple months latter I'll get an email asking me if I was still interested. Usually I'm not.
Scramble City Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:57 PM   #490
prime
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
This guy's got to be dreaming...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/no...ull/1053863738

I have a suspicion that I know who the seller is, but I have no evidence to back it up. If it is, it's not his first time trying this. Cheers to him if someone actually buys it all, though...
Here's another one from the same area, although I'd say any buyer hoping to get this for $30 is the one dreaming... (or maybe the seller really hates it)
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/no...tor/1042778371

Last edited by prime; 03-04-2015 at 04:00 PM.
prime is offline   Reply With Quote