Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 01-11-2021, 12:26 PM   #41
BeeTrain
Beasty
Re: Earthrise Scorponok released in Canada

Toys R Us still has some for $199 in some locations. You need to get a store to check stock for you. I got a very nice person at store level over the weekend who was able to look up a number of items for me, chain-wide.
BeeTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 12:53 PM   #42
athanato
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTrain View Post
Toys R Us still has some for $199 in some locations. You need to get a store to check stock for you. I got a very nice person at store level over the weekend who was able to look up a number of items for me, chain-wide.

You can call them for their virtual shopping service.
athanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 03:09 PM   #43
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

There should be more Scorponoks in the next few months.

As stated some big name online stores are getting stock (BBTS says June), and I know a local shop near me said they are still waiting to get their shipment.

So I would hazard a guess that more stock will be available to the big guys as well.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 03:26 PM   #44
omegacanuck
Generation 2

It is up for pre-order as well at TFTOYS.CA for a second run (due sometime around June).

https://www.tftoys.ca/products/war-f...rise-scorponok
omegacanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:00 PM   #45
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTrain View Post
That's more help than I ever got. I went to the Langley, BC store where I have a raincheque for one at the sale price and the customer service manager basically went out of her way not to help me, up to and including saying that they weren't allowed to check store stock for other stores during the chain's covid restricted shopping protocols. (honestly, she was pretty rude all around, clearly more interested in restocking some pokemon cards at the checkout display than answering my questions even though she was the one who called out to me while I waited in the customer service line.)
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:52 PM   #46
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
That's more help than I ever got. I went to the Langley, BC store where I have a raincheque for one at the sale price and the customer service manager basically went out of her way not to help me, up to and including saying that they weren't allowed to check store stock for other stores during the chain's covid restricted shopping protocols. (honestly, she was pretty rude all around, clearly more interested in restocking some pokemon cards at the checkout display than answering my questions even though she was the one who called out to me while I waited in the customer service line.)
This rain check stuff (especially for Scorponok) seems like it's cursed between me literally hearing that I couldn't get one because it was "too big" and them not wanting to honor yours.

$50 off the MSRP would've been nice. Hope you can cash yours in before it's no good anymore.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 04:59 PM   #47
athanato
Generation 2

Quote:

I had fun returning an online order, the lady had no idea what she was doing and gave up...I was lucky the manager was there and stepped to resolve the issue.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:40 PM   #48
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDragon10K View Post
This rain check stuff (especially for Scorponok) seems like it's cursed between me literally hearing that I couldn't get one because it was "too big" and them not wanting to honor yours.

$50 off the MSRP would've been nice. Hope you can cash yours in before it's no good anymore.

I hope so too. I've got until mid-March.

The whole conversation with the CS head was stupid.

I was standing in the CS line, which was empty (I was just waiting because there was nobody at the desk). The staff person was behind me stocking the pokemon cards.

her: "Is there something I can help you with?"

me: "Yeah, I have a raincheque for a Transformers figure and I was just hoping there was a way I could see about getting one from somewhere."

her: "Did someone call you to come pick it up?"

me: "No, but I wondered if it was possible to get one brought in if it's at another location because it seems like there's just not that many being shipped out around the country." (also this was in the middle of the provincial government's "don't travel to other municipalities unless it's absolutely vitally necessary" period. Never mind that with the Surrey/Whally TRU dead the next closest locations are Coquitlam and Metrotown)

her: "No. We're not shipping between stores during COVID."

me: "Oh. Nuts. Would it be possible for you to check if there's any available in BC at all?"

her *now getting kind of testy.*: "No. We're not doing that during COVID. If you want to know you have to phone the stores yourself and ask if they have any. We can't do anything unless it shows up here, then we'll phone you. And we might not even get any more."

me: "oh. um... Ok, I guess. have a good day."

*she turns back to the stocking stuff without saying a word*

I had a similar experience with her when I was trying to get the Rainmakers pack last year, rudely telling me that if there weren't any on the shelves they didn't have any and acting like I was wasting her time by asking at customer service if they knew what was going on. Of course this is a week after another staffer who caught me in the middle of the store to ask if I needed help took me over to customer service and looked up stock listings in multiple provinces as a way of gauging shipment status (basically noting that when she looked there were ones in stock in Alberta so it was likely going to get out to us in BC soon) and was all-in-all super helpful and pleasant to deal with.

I wasn't being short with her at any point and I wasn't asking for her to phone the stores herself or waste 20 minutes on me. I just knew that 30 seconds to check stock levels on the store computer would save me a half hour on the phone to all the other locations. It wasn't a huge ask and it's especially worse that she was like that after offering to help me (because it wasn't like I waltzed up to her mid-job and said "you. I need you to do this for me right now.")

I'm hopeful that there will be one last restock out there before they begin the bigger figures rollout for Kingdom. I remember seeing Omega Supreme on store shelves until about April of last year and there's no way that was simply a matter of it selling worse than Scorponok has. So unless Hasbro slashed production levels massively for Scorponok vs Omega, I have to believe there are more out there or on the way and it's just an issue of COVID messing up production and shipping timelines.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:51 PM   #49
athanato
Generation 2

Quote:
I hope so too. I've got until mid-March.

The whole conversation with the CS head was stupid.

I was standing in the CS line, which was empty (I was just waiting because there was nobody at the desk). The staff person was behind me stocking the pokemon cards.

her: "Is there something I can help you with?"

me: "Yeah, I have a raincheque for a Transformers figure and I was just hoping there was a way I could see about getting one from somewhere."

her: "Did someone call you to come pick it up?"

me: "No, but I wondered if it was possible to get one brought in if it's at another location because it seems like there's just not that many being shipped out around the country." (also this was in the middle of the provincial government's "don't travel to other municipalities unless it's absolutely vitally necessary" period. Never mind that with the Surrey/Whally TRU dead the next closest locations are Coquitlam and Metrotown)

her: "No. We're not shipping between stores during COVID."

me: "Oh. Nuts. Would it be possible for you to check if there's any available in BC at all?"

her *now getting kind of testy.*: "No. We're not doing that during COVID. If you want to know you have to phone the stores yourself and ask if they have any. We can't do anything unless it shows up here, then we'll phone you. And we might not even get any more."

me: "oh. um... Ok, I guess. have a good day."

*she turns back to the stocking stuff without saying a word*

I had a similar experience with her when I was trying to get the Rainmakers pack last year, rudely telling me that if there weren't any on the shelves they didn't have any and acting like I was wasting her time by asking at customer service if they knew what was going on. Of course this is a week after another staffer who caught me in the middle of the store to ask if I needed help took me over to customer service and looked up stock listings in multiple provinces as a way of gauging shipment status (basically noting that when she looked there were ones in stock in Alberta so it was likely going to get out to us in BC soon) and was all-in-all super helpful and pleasant to deal with.

I wasn't being short with her at any point and I wasn't asking for her to phone the stores herself or waste 20 minutes on me. I just knew that 30 seconds to check stock levels on the store computer would save me a half hour on the phone to all the other locations. It wasn't a huge ask and it's especially worse that she was like that after offering to help me (because it wasn't like I waltzed up to her mid-job and said "you. I need you to do this for me right now.")

I'm hopeful that there will be one last restock out there before they begin the bigger figures rollout for Kingdom. I remember seeing Omega Supreme on store shelves until about April of last year and there's no way that was simply a matter of it selling worse than Scorponok has. So unless Hasbro slashed production levels massively for Scorponok vs Omega, I have to believe there are more out there or on the way and it's just an issue of COVID messing up production and shipping timelines.

Not sure if this is true but I think someone mentioned there will be a re-run of him in June.
Old 01-14-2021, 12:08 AM   #50
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanato View Post
Not sure if this is true but I think someone mentioned there will be a re-run of him in June.
This is correct.