Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-27-2021, 11:29 PM   #3701
RocketGTR
Animated
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
That's possible, but does Hasbro directly supply small retailers? Usually small retailers have a distributor that gets the figures to them, not Hasbro themselves.
To clarify, by Hasbro direct, I mean through our local mom and pop stores through their distributors and not buying off Amazon and reselling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
No offence, but how do you know?
Cuz I'm a friendly fellow who chats with the people in our local stores to find out if they're getting stuff in. And they're generally saying they need to confirm that they're guaranteed their allotment before they take orders.

Plus so far three Canadian online retailers have put up pre-orders for a Sept/Oct release date which suggests that they're all expecting something around then.

Also if word got out that they were buying and reselling off Amazon then there would be egg on their face and reputation is everything as we all know from NMC.
Old 05-28-2021, 12:28 AM   #3702
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Question Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
To clarify, by Hasbro direct, I mean through our local mom and pop stores through their distributors and not buying off Amazon and reselling.

Cuz I'm a friendly fellow who chats with the people in our local stores to find out if they're getting stuff in. And they're generally saying they need to confirm that they're guaranteed their allotment before they take orders.

Plus so far three Canadian online retailers have put up pre-orders for a Sept/Oct release date which suggests that they're all expecting something around then.

Also if word got out that they were buying and reselling off Amazon then there would be egg on their face and reputation is everything as we all know from NMC.
Fair enough, not saying you're wrong or I'm right. This set is so elusive that it makes everything posted about it look doubtful. I hope that the Sept/Oct release days holds true. It's funny how Hasbro never really addressed that no one, including many customers in the United States, got this set. I understand that it probably sank to the bottom of the ocean, but the fact that they never came out to say whether they will be re-releasing it or not is just odd.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 12:34 AM   #3703
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Fair enough, not saying you're wrong or I'm right. This set is so elusive that it makes everything posted about it look doubtful. I hope that the Sept/Oct release days holds true. It's funny how Hasbro never really addressed that no one, including many customers in the United States, got this set. I understand that it probably sank to the bottom of the ocean, but the fact that they never came out to say whether they will be re-releasing it or not is just odd.
Indeed, we're all just waiting patiently for our chance to pick them up.
Old 05-28-2021, 01:08 AM   #3704
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

From what ive seen so far regarding Coneheads.

I was release in April by Takara Tomy Mall as an exclusive in Japan. Those were sent out.

They have appeared on many sellers site in Asia, looking as if a production run was done for parts of Asia, as seen on Aliexpress.

Now there is information that smaller retailers are able to get an alllotment for them.

It seems as if there is a restock coming, likely will fill our Amazon orders, but maybe Hasbro committed to a wider release as Amazon couldnt fulfill, mainly to due Hasbro having issues during Covid 2020. Smaller retailers seem to be able to order them...so all are positive signs. I am hoping they will also release the Ironhide Prowl again, as we got overstock and returns from the US it seems from Amazon...might be the same case again.

There was that container ship that sank last year with Hasbro products on board...id bet this contributed to the great Conehead shortage of the early 2020s!

Is there a place we can put a list of which retailers has it with links included? Would be nice to snag these from a local shop since they have been so hard hit this past year and a half.

Happy hunting!
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 06:23 AM   #3705
BeeTrain
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post

Is there a place we can put a list of which retailers has it with links included? Would be nice to snag these from a local shop since they have been so hard hit this past year and a half.

Happy hunting!
Good idea! I'll kick off a new thread
BeeTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 09:04 AM   #3706
AgeofTransformers
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
No offence, but how do you know?
So DJC Collectibles (Derek) is getting them through his distribution channels.....in fact he's getting them because I specifically asked him if he could get them as I had seen this thread here about how Amir at "ToySnowman" was able to get them....

His prices are always amazing! If your local to him and on his great side, the discounts are amazing too! I've been drastically paying under retail now and refuse to buy elsewhere....
AgeofTransformers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 11:54 PM   #3707
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Just got another coneheads delay email, glad I ordered through snowman.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 12:13 AM   #3708
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
If anything, they're probably delaying the set to Oct/ Nov 2021 like the release date of these other stores. The fact that they haven't been canceling orders means that they will likely get them. Usually if it's this long, Amazon would have already cancelled the orders (something which has happened to me in the past when preordering Marvel Legends from them).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 12:19 AM   #3709
Wheelwave
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
Yep, me too. For both the delay and the snowman.

Nothing
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 01:38 AM   #3710
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

Got the Coneheads delay email as well.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote