Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-28-2021, 02:52 PM   #3351
athanato
Generation 2
Re: Ontario Transformers Toy Sightings

Amazon.ca had the Botropolis Rescue Mission 6-Pack (Amazon Exclusive) for $77 CDN, sold out now but still available on .com so just wait for restock, mine was shipped.

Netflix Bumblebee
Earthrise Conehead 2-Pack
athanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 03:47 PM   #3352
Saundowaivu
Beasty
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
That’s seriously messed up, I’m confident you will get your money back.

Please update us on what they say.
Yeah, I got my refund fairly easily, I had the delivery guy take a picture of the package so I'd have proof it was handed to me this way.
Saundowaivu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 04:05 PM   #3353
alphatrion5
Generation 2
Re: Ontario Transformers Toy Sightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanato View Post
Amazon.ca had the Botropolis Rescue Mission 6-Pack (Amazon Exclusive) for $77 CDN, sold out now but still available on .com so just wait for restock, mine was shipped.
Was in stock when I clicked and placed an order. Seems expensive
alphatrion5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 05:33 PM   #3354
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundowaivu View Post
Yeah, I got my refund fairly easily, I had the delivery guy take a picture of the package so I'd have proof it was handed to me this way.
Excellent, that is good to hear you got your money returned easily.

Just a wild story, someone I assume at the warehouse, cut it open for a $40 toy.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 08:03 PM   #3355
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

SS86 Scourge in stock from Amazon.ca at regular MSRP ($44.99).

https://www.amazon.ca/Transformers-T...7033741&sr=8-3

Last edited by CyberDragon10K; 03-29-2021 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Clarification.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 10:53 PM   #3356
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDragon10K View Post
SS86 Scourge in stock from Amazon.ca at regular MSRP ($44.99).

https://www.amazon.ca/Transformers-T...7033741&sr=8-3

Thanks for the link.

Heads up though: I think your link may include a reference to your account/wish list or something because when I got to the portion of checkout where I had to pick an address for delivery there were the normal addresses I have along with a name I'd never seen before and a hidden "gift registry address" in Vancouver. I'm thinking that might've been you because I used your link to get to the item page.

It doesn't display an address, just the city and a full name. Thought you might want to know in case that's not something you want advertised.

Last edited by The Nemesis; 03-29-2021 at 01:26 PM.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 11:52 PM   #3357
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

MSRP for voyagers is 45$ now?
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 12:24 AM   #3358
delrue
Crossover

Has been since Kingdom Wave 1. Lots of places seemed reluctant to charge that price initially though.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 02:42 AM   #3359
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
Has been since Kingdom Wave 1. Lots of places seemed reluctant to charge that price initially though.

really? Excluding the weird walmart snafu where they were charging $10 LESS for wave 1 voyagers, I thought I'd pretty consistently seen them at $39.99. TRU has Kingdom Optimus Primal available at that price, and Amazon pre-orders on Wave 2 including Dinobot and Inferno are both right around there too.

I was actually under the impression that the price bumps might be specific to the specialty imprints like Studio Series 86 or the Retro Reissue Headmasters. For those Amazon was selling Deluxe 86 bots and Walmart the Headmasters all at $32.99, so a Voyager bump to $44.99 doesn't seem too out of line with what I'd expect.

Of course I also did buy SS86 Grimlock at the standard Leader price of $69.99. And TRU is now doing pre-orders on both of the first two waves of Kingdom Deluxes at $32.99, which is also what they sold Runabout at prior to the sale last week (and yet Thrust was the "regular" Voyager price of $39) so..... *shrug*

It's all kinda weirdly random and wild-westy. Though it wouldn't surprise me if they just decided to bump the price up now and blame the pandemic for materials issues, production cost spikes, and shipping wonkiness after having already done the larger price jump in the last couple years that saw Deluxes go from $20 to $30.
Old 03-29-2021, 08:50 AM   #3360
AgeofTransformers
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
really? Excluding the weird walmart snafu where they were charging $10 LESS for wave 1 voyagers, I thought I'd pretty consistently seen them at $39.99. TRU has Kingdom Optimus Primal available at that price, and Amazon pre-orders on Wave 2 including Dinobot and Inferno are both right around there too.

I was actually under the impression that the price bumps might be specific to the specialty imprints like Studio Series 86 or the Retro Reissue Headmasters. For those Amazon was selling Deluxe 86 bots and Walmart the Headmasters all at $32.99, so a Voyager bump to $44.99 doesn't seem too out of line with what I'd expect.

Of course I also did buy SS86 Grimlock at the standard Leader price of $69.99. And TRU is now doing pre-orders on both of the first two waves of Kingdom Deluxes at $32.99, which is also what they sold Runabout at prior to the sale last week (and yet Thrust was the "regular" Voyager price of $39) so..... *shrug*

It's all kinda weirdly random and wild-westy. Though it wouldn't surprise me if they just decided to bump the price up now and blame the pandemic for materials issues, production cost spikes, and shipping wonkiness after having already done the larger price jump in the last couple years that saw Deluxes go from $20 to $30.
Yeah new voyager pricing is starting up soon...$44.99 for the voyagers....heck Generation Selects voyagers are going up to $49.99 at Toys R Us now...check out their listing for G2 Ramjet...

Last edited by AgeofTransformers; 03-29-2021 at 12:02 PM.
AgeofTransformers is offline   Reply With Quote