Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-21-2021, 08:40 PM   #2291
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
Picked up my Rodimus today and yup they gave me my pre-order price. $88.71 plus taxes

How'd you get it so cheap? I used the biggest coupon I saw during the pre-order window but that only got the price down to like $95 + tax. An extra $6 and change isn't that much, but I'm curious about where it came from.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:46 PM   #2292
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
How'd you get it so cheap? I used the biggest coupon I saw during the pre-order window but that only got the price down to like $95 + tax. An extra $6 and change isn't that much, but I'm curious about where it came from.
Maybe it ranges. Picked up mine today and was $100.24 taxes in. I remember some $10 coupon applying at checkout but don't remember all the details
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 10:13 PM   #2293
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Has anyone gotten a call from TRU Burlington for rodimus preorders yet?
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 10:30 PM   #2294
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
I didn't ask questions, just took it and ran, although I did notice a roughly $6 shipping charge on my original invoice that made no sense. No shipping on over $75 plus it was in in-store pickup. Maybe that got adjusted out.

Last edited by Tiffster; 08-21-2021 at 10:33 PM.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 10:34 PM   #2295
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Maybe it ranges. Picked up mine today and was $100.24 taxes in. I remember some $10 coupon applying at checkout but don't remember all the details
$100.24 is exactly what I paid.
Old 08-21-2021, 10:45 PM   #2296
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
Picked up my Rodimus today and yup they gave me my pre-order price. $88.71 plus taxes
Quote:
Quote:
I didn't ask questions, just took it and ran, although I did notice a roughly $6 shipping charge on my original invoice that made no sense. No shipping on over $75 plus it was in in-store pickup. Maybe that got adjusted out.
Did you show them the email that you got from TRU? If so, I suspect what happened is they looked at your email:

Subtotal: $119.99
Discount: -$38.89
Shipping: $13.89
Taxes: $11.40
Total: $106.39

They then just looked at the "Discount" amount and then deducted that amount from the $124.99 the item currently costs NOT realizing that the Discount also includes the Shipping costs.

Your "Shipping" cost may be a bit lower than mine due to location as if they did something similar, I would get $86.01 + tax.

Could be wrong of course.
Old 08-21-2021, 11:39 PM   #2297
smoothyg35
Generation 2

Quote:
It's in walmart.ca for a touch under $212
Much appreciated for the heads up 🙏. Thankfully it was in my cart for the past two days and it showed up at $211.97 vs the price I saw today.... $287 😳. Despite the fact that Walmart does not price match anymore, I'm happy I snagged one. Especially since some places are sold out.
smoothyg35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 11:58 PM   #2298
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
Did you show them the email that you got from TRU? If so, I suspect what happened is they looked at your email:

They then just looked at the "Discount" amount and then deducted that amount from the $124.99 the item currently costs NOT realizing that the Discount also includes the Shipping costs.

Your "Shipping" cost may be a bit lower than mine due to location as if they did something similar, I would get $86.01 + tax.

interesting theory.

I'll have to see what happens when I show up to collect mine. I'm supposed to get a status check for where mine is on Monday. I e-mailed TRU customer service on Friday morning just to make sure I knew how the store would be contacting me and if they had my phone number if that was the proper method (because I don't trust them to try and fail to get me by phone and go "oh well, I guess it goes on the shelf"). A couple hours later I get a call from the CS rep to check that my phone # is correct and offering to check up on where my Roddy is if I e-mail her again on Monday to remind her even though that wasn't what I needed help for in the first place.

You know, for as trash of an experience as store-level TRU customer service has been for me, their central/online CS people have been awesome.
Old 08-22-2021, 12:55 AM   #2299
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:

I didn't show them the email. I wanted to see what she rang up first. Was gonna pull out the email if it was more than I expected but didn't have too.
Old 08-22-2021, 05:41 PM   #2300
Malechai
Machine War

Quote:

You're exactly right because this is what just happened for me. I showed him the email and he literally took out his phone and did 119.99 - 31.28 (the discount total listed which was $25 off coupon plus $6.28 shipping credit).

He told the cashier that it should come to $107 after tax because he saw the total in my email but when it came to $100.24 he was like "well we screwed up your online order so whatever let him have it for that".

TLDR got rodimus for $88.71 +tax

Last edited by Malechai; 08-22-2021 at 05:43 PM.
Malechai is offline   Reply With Quote