Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 05-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #11
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave
Re: The None of My Business Question of the Day! How much Cash do you bring to TFCON?

since there's going to be a lot of 3rd party merch I'll be wanting, and likewise some expensive G1 things, I'm leaning to bring 1250...1500 this year.

having a job is awesome
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #12
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Re: The None of My Business Question of the Day! How much Cash do you bring to TFCON?

I'll probably bring $200, lunch money will be taken out of that. I plan to leave with money still in my pocket. Once again, mainly going for the convention part of it instead of going there to shop.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #13
Dynamo.Dave
Too close for missiles

I usually have a list of things and I'll pick 2-3 things off that list to buy, so 200-300 (for whatever reason, the things I buy tend to be around $100 each).

Sparktoys Grimlock
FT Stunticons
FT Aerialbots

Dynamo.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #14
PyjamaPrime
Wreck and/or Rule
Send a message via Skype™ to PyjamaPrime

yeah I'd say $1000 as a max, but bring whatever you can. you never know you might see that $500 toy you've been looking for lol. I brought $300 or so as an average the 3 years i've gone and it wasn't quite enough come sunday. hopefully i'll have more this year
PyjamaPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #15
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Well, the first few years I went to TFCon, I only brought about $300. Spent it all and wished I brought more.

The next couple years, I think I brought twice that. And still managed to spend it all.

Last 2 years I brought $800-$1000 and I didn't spend any of it. In fact, I came back with more than what I left with due to all my meet-up sales and lack of anything in the dealer room I was interested in.

This year I'm probably just gonna bring $500. Mainly because the only thing I'm looking for is a TFC Hercules. I'm hoping to get one for $400 if I can, but I know that's probably a dream. But I'm definitely not spending more than $500 on him.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #16
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Couple of recommendations I can make for budgeting for a con.

1) Know what you want before hand, and do your due diligent research, check up on ebay what those desired items roughly go for and bring that amount.

2) Maybe bring an extra one or two hundred because you never know what other crazy stuff you weren't anticipating to get but will want when presented in front of you with the right price.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #17
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

I cross the line at $300,but since I have no common sensibility in a Convention whatsoever,I end up going on $500 each TFCon.

This year,I may get up to $1000 the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #18
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I went about $2000 last year. I don't have that much this year ....I hope I do...I have to much 3 rd party stuff to buy this year and some import stuff too. Going yo be an expensive year.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #19
RageD
Energon

Holy Hanna Barbara Land!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
I went about $2000 last year. I don't have that much this year ....I hope I do...I have to much 3 rd party stuff to buy this year and some import stuff too. Going yo be an expensive year.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #20
hardreturn
break the line

last year, $300 and waled out with $20

this year…significantly more. hoping to find a couple of things.

Feedback/TFW Feedback/Sales
hardreturn is offline   Reply With Quote