Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-14-2021, 11:14 PM   #2131
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

I really don't get it, can't they just say "it's due later, if you want to cancel your order you can, if not, keep it". I don,t see how this is harder than them figuring out who has first dibs when the product comes and reaching out. Just do what amazon's doing with the coneheads.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 11:36 PM   #2132
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
I really don't get it, can't they just say "it's due later, if you want to cancel your order you can, if not, keep it". I don,t see how this is harder than them figuring out who has first dibs when the product comes and reaching out. Just do what amazon's doing with the coneheads.

I don't get it either. I get cancellations if we get to the point that Hasbro tells them "alright we're not making this, we're not shipping it, you're not getting any. So you might as well tell your customers their orders are meaningless."

But force-cancelling orders before that point like they have here means that all they've done is make additional failure points in the process.

There are so many more opportunities now for something to go wrong. For what we've pre-ordered to be shipped to the wrong store, not tagged to belong to a pre-order customer instead of going out on shelves, not have its price carried over, not be shipped out at all, etc. They've made this whole process infinitely more difficult for them and us and the only possible benefit I can see is that they save money on having to ship each individual unit to each of us by courier instead of using their store stock distribution channels. Seems like a bad trade-off. But what do I know, I don't operate Toys R Us like it's still 2004.
Old 07-14-2021, 11:56 PM   #2133
Endlessdark
Generation 2

Yup, got a G2 Ramjet cancellation too.

The odd thing is, I was already billed for it when I ordered. It seems like pre-orders aren’t supposed to charge right away, but I checked my account and they took the money right away. Maybe because I used a Visa debit?

I don’t really want a chance to ‘re-buy it in store’, because it will never show up in-store, especially here where distribution has been terrible.

Why can’t they just keep my order?
I don’t care about delays, they’re toys.

Might just go with TFToys.ca instead…

Last edited by Endlessdark; 07-15-2021 at 12:00 AM.
Endlessdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 12:36 AM   #2134
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Got that damn delay email about my rodimus prime orders too. Dammit.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 01:26 AM   #2135
The Nemesis
Alternator

If nothing else the increasing frustration with exclusives and crap availability had already been causing me to lean towards pulling out of collecting on any significant level after Kingdom wraps up. If this sort of nonsense is how things are going to go on bog-standard figures that aren't supposed to be short-run or particular to one store, it makes that decision even easier. Because I'm in this to enjoy the stuff I can get, not pull my hair out or pay premiums/significant shipping costs on things I should be able to get in store or online from a major retailer without issue.
Old 07-15-2021, 02:35 AM   #2136
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Sounds to me like their system is broken, and the cancellations are automatic. They will still honor the preorders when stock comes in in August. Keep in mind, no retailer anywhere has gotten Rodimus, the Ark, or G2 Ramjet yet. I don't know how we can be so upset at something that is, at this point, beyond our control, and beyond TRU's control.

Ok, their online ordering system is broken and they need to fix that, but they appear to put measures in place to keep the order for when they get stock, and gave us the option to cancel that if we find it elsewhere. Reading the email, instead of seeing the word "cancelled" and immediately seething in nerd rage just didn't seem like the best option for me.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 07:00 AM   #2137
Philtastic
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
Sounds to me like their system is broken, and the cancellations are automatic. They will still honor the preorders when stock comes in in August. Keep in mind, no retailer anywhere has gotten Rodimus, the Ark, or G2 Ramjet yet. I don't know how we can be so upset at something that is, at this point, beyond our control, and beyond TRU's control.

Ok, their online ordering system is broken and they need to fix that, but they appear to put measures in place to keep the order for when they get stock, and gave us the option to cancel that if we find it elsewhere. Reading the email, instead of seeing the word "cancelled" and immediately seething in nerd rage just didn't seem like the best option for me.
This. There seems to be some "bug," for lack of a better word, that is automatically cancelling orders for items that are shipping late. I have a feeling it has to do with them now accepting pre-orders, which they didn't do before (iirc). So the system is apparently cancelling orders that haven't shipped by the listed release date.

The reason they can't "un-cancel" an order is because once an order is cancelled, it's gone, and there's no undo. And they can't just create a new order, and charge your card, without you making a new order. But you can't make a new order if the item is sold out, or no longer on the site. (This happened with the Star Wars Clone Wars figures.)

So the only option for them is to hold the cancelled orders in reserve, and ship them to the nearest store, so you can pay there in person.

This is what I've been told by in-store and online staff, re: ordering. The "bug" stuff is my hypothesis based on the available evidence.

But yeah, they really need to fix the site, cuz this is just dumb.
Philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 04:45 PM   #2138
Robbler
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlessdark View Post
Yup, got a G2 Ramjet cancellation too.

The odd thing is, I was already billed for it when I ordered. It seems like pre-orders aren’t supposed to charge right away, but I checked my account and they took the money right away. Maybe because I used a Visa debit?

I don’t really want a chance to ‘re-buy it in store’, because it will never show up in-store, especially here where distribution has been terrible.

Why can’t they just keep my order?
I don’t care about delays, they’re toys.

Might just go with TFToys.ca instead…
That's what happened with my MPM12 preorder. Used a Visa Debit and the money was taken out, still haven't had the charge reversed 2 weeks after cancelling.
Old 07-16-2021, 02:25 PM   #2139
nuropa
Robot in Disguise

Just got an email ask me to review ramjet that was cancelled. Their system is so good
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 12:39 AM   #2140
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Did TRU cancel anyone's ark preorder? QC TRU stores actually got stock in.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote