Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-26-2023, 06:15 PM   #11
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Are some versions of the G1, S1, S2, S3, DVD's better then others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
Sadly, as I figured, there's no Matrix box collection on Shout. Not surprised there. I guess I would have to look for a good used one. :/

Thanks for your help.
Yeah that's oop. same discs and shit in the currently available box set, I think maybe missing some special features and a rad box

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 06:28 AM   #12
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions
Re: Are some versions of the G1, S1, S2, S3, DVD's better then others?

I?ve owned the Rhino version and currently own the Shout factory version. The Shout one is far superior. Rhino was a bit lazy and used higher quality beta masters but did not QC check so frequently some effects were missing making it a weird experience (episode 16 stood out for missing all the glowing effects).

Shout still used the higher quality masters but did some QC checking to make sure effects were present and if they were not on the master they used a lower quality recording of the scene. So sometimes quality changed within an episode but it?s much more watchable.

Anyway all to say focus on the Shout one that someone linked to earlier.

Don?t worry about the matrix collection. It?s the same episodes as the box set, it just has a lot more special features like a few bonus discs. You watch them once and done. Not really something to lose sleep over if the regular dvds are available.

As for the movie (which no g1 set includes, you have to buy separately) as others said, the recent 35th anniversary is the way to go. 30th was good but they got access to a pristine film copy I recall the special features said and did an insane job for the 35th. So definitely get that and get the 4K collection to have a 4K bluray. The one thing I wish was it had 4K widescreen and 4K full screen?. The 4K has a widescreen 4K disc and full screen 1080p disc. Which is fine. Not the end of the world and I usually watch widescreen anyway since the scenes were framed for widescreen. It?s just the completionist in me.
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote