Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #201
Reflector
Banned
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock confirmed for Toys R Us Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
Uh that's not what a preorder is. A preorder is an order that you can put in before it's release (ie: PRE-release). It does not nor can not guarantee that you get it first. It simply guarantees that you get one without having to try to scramble to order or find it after it's release.
Scramble? If it's released then I can just order one. I could drive over to Toys 'R Us right now and buy one or I could wait a couple of days and order it from the website. The purpose of a PRE-order is that I get something above and beyond that. I get one from the first shipment. Obviously that's not happening. They shouldn't called it a pre-order, they should have just called it an order. Nobody pre-ordered anything, it looks now like we just ordered it early.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:20 PM   #202
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflector View Post
Scramble? If it's released then I can just order one. I could drive over to Toys 'R Us right now and buy one or I could wait a couple of days and order it from the website. The purpose of a PRE-order is that I get something above and beyond that. I get one from the first shipment. Obviously that's not happening. They shouldn't called it a pre-order, they should have just called it an order. Nobody pre-ordered anything, it looks now like we just ordered it early.
That's most people's misconstrued perceptions of what a preorder is. In reality, nowhere does a preorder mean that you get the item first. It simply guarantees that you get the item when the stock for that item arrives at the store you preordered from.

However, I don't want to clutter up this thread with what is or is not a preorder. So I'll just leave it at this:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=defin...oDA&gws_rd=ssl

Hope everyone is or will be enjoying their MP Grimlocks, either way.

Last edited by Ozrein; 06-10-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:28 PM   #203
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
So while we wait, has anyone cracked one open and done some side by side comparisons with this and the last TRU release? I'm still curious if the plastic quality has dropped?
Here you go. I like this review because it's fairly detailed and he compares both the original Takara and Hasbro Grimlock to the new Hasbro release. Regarding plastic quality, the colour is slightly different, but does not seem lower quality.

Last edited by MULTIPLEX; 06-10-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:13 PM   #204
Wheelwave
Cybertron

How many of you are opening Grimlock or keeping Grimlock in box?

When I bought my first one the toysrus clerk laughed at me because I was keeping this one in package. He said, "Technically you are spending $112 for a box."
Old 06-10-2014, 04:37 PM   #205
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Here you go. I like this review because it's fairly detailed and he compares both the original Takara and Hasbro Grimlock to the new Hasbro release. Regarding plastic quality, the colour is slightly different, but does not seem lower quality.
Thank you amigo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post

When I bought my first one the toysrus clerk laughed at me because I was keeping this one in package. He said, "Technically you are spending $112 for a box."
I have Takara sealed, 1st Hasbro open for bot mode and the 2nd Hasbro will also be opened but for alt mode. Yeah I'm weird like that
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
Old 06-10-2014, 05:51 PM   #206
dingd0ng
Nexus Maximus

I have my Takara Asian Exclusive in Alt mode due to the sharp teeth and claws and my Hasbro 1st edition in bot mode. I also ordered the 2nd release of Grimlock too...not sure if i will open that or not.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:58 PM   #207
Wheelwave
Cybertron

I've got 1 takara one out of package. And now I have 2 Hasbro 2nd release Grimlocks. One's for me to keep in package and the other is for a friend of mine.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:06 PM   #208
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post

Well seeing this is my first in a box grimlock I opened it, makes sense huh???

I Love the smell of Plastic in the Morning.

Re the clerks comment, what he doesn't realize is the is the box is stopping a cheeseburger craving dino from getting free

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Old 06-10-2014, 10:05 PM   #209
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Opened mine (got it at lunch today hah), and I've gotta say that people are definitely not exaggerating about the floppy hips. The right one on mine is especially loose, and the overall mass of the legs makes it more noticeable than with smaller figures I guess. Other than that however, and possibly the fact that his left hand can't hold shit by design (which in my case doesn't even matter because I've got him balancing the TFA sword with it), I've got no complaints. This is an older model MP that's being reissued for us at well below half the market value of the originals that a lot of people couldn't afford or otherwise justify buying, and with minimal changes. The crown is hella cool too haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Old 06-10-2014, 10:49 PM   #210
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

I'm feeling more and more like a chump for jumping at the online "preorder" as if it meant something. Oh well.
Closed Thread