Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-28-2021, 11:41 PM   #2351
SimianProphet
Machine War
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphatrion5 View Post
Who needs one?
Me, maybe! I sent a PM
SimianProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 05:08 PM   #2352
DDVA16
Generation 1

Just picked up my pre-order Ramjet G2 selects at TRU Burlington. They had 4 on the shelf as well available for those that need one.
DDVA16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 05:32 PM   #2353
DestronDecepticon23
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDVA16 View Post
Just picked up my pre-order Ramjet G2 selects at TRU Burlington. They had 4 on the shelf as well available for those that need one.
Is that a new sighting? Is that the first time G2 Ramjet's been found in brick and mortar stores?

Current Hunt:
Breakdown
Twincast
DestronDecepticon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 05:33 PM   #2354
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDVA16 View Post
When did they call you? I spoke to them yesterday and they said it would be arriving Monday.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 08:08 PM   #2355
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

PSA: If you didn't get a call from TRU for your Rodimus preorder yet, check your spam/junk emails! They notified me via email and I just picked him up a few hours ago.
Old 08-29-2021, 08:28 PM   #2356
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronDecepticon23 View Post
Is that a new sighting? Is that the first time G2 Ramjet's been found in brick and mortar stores?
On this site yes. Makes me want to go check out TRU tomorrow
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 12:00 PM   #2357
DDVA16
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
When did they call you? I spoke to them yesterday and they said it would be arriving Monday.
They called me Saturday late just before store closed. I went in Sunday around noon and they had them on the shelf.
DDVA16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 05:45 PM   #2358
The Nemesis
Alternator

I finally gave up and called my local TRU this morning. Turns out that a box of Rodimuses for people with cancelled pre-orders arrived at some point in the last few days, but the only person who phones the customers who would need to pick it up is the store manager. Who is only in store on Thursdays.

That means that had I said nothing I would've waited until then to get a call. And even without waiting, it took one of the CS reps finding the box in an office and going into their system in a roundabout way to check off that my name was on the list of orders and leave it out so I could pick it up. And this was after being told that another manager (who I assumed was the store manager but obviously wasn't) was apparently working the cash registers when I called and was going to call me back. Only the person who called me back was the same CS rep person who I talked to in the first place...

What a complete and total cluster this was.

Moral of the story is that if you have a Rodimus or other pre-order cancellation item to pick up from Langley TRU you might need to phone it in yourself if you want it before Thursday.

Also unlike others I didn't get the extra money off from the shipping price deduction. Probably because I had to show the person I at the desk my invoice because she was initially going to charge me full price for it and not deduct the coupon. Well actually she was going to just let me walk out of the store with it without paying, but given that they have my address and phone # and the person on the phone explicitly mentioned that I still have to pay (so I can't feign ignorance of that fact) I wasn't going to risk trying to slip through that loophole
Old 08-31-2021, 06:08 PM   #2359
Tiffster
Classic

Got g2 ramjet call today yah
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 07:57 PM   #2360
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I finally gave up and called my local TRU this morning. Turns out that a box of Rodimuses for people with cancelled pre-orders arrived at some point in the last few days, but the only person who phones the customers who would need to pick it up is the store manager. Who is only in store on Thursdays.

That means that had I said nothing I would've waited until then to get a call. And even without waiting, it took one of the CS reps finding the box in an office and going into their system in a roundabout way to check off that my name was on the list of orders and leave it out so I could pick it up. And this was after being told that another manager (who I assumed was the store manager but obviously wasn't) was apparently working the cash registers when I called and was going to call me back. Only the person who called me back was the same CS rep person who I talked to in the first place...

What a complete and total cluster this was.

Moral of the story is that if you have a Rodimus or other pre-order cancellation item to pick up from Langley TRU you might need to phone it in yourself if you want it before Thursday.

Also unlike others I didn't get the extra money off from the shipping price deduction. Probably because I had to show the person I at the desk my invoice because she was initially going to charge me full price for it and not deduct the coupon. Well actually she was going to just let me walk out of the store with it without paying, but given that they have my address and phone # and the person on the phone explicitly mentioned that I still have to pay (so I can't feign ignorance of that fact) I wasn't going to risk trying to slip through that loophole
Thanks, I'll call them for G2 ramjet tomorrow
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote