Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-13-2021, 01:46 PM   #1
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Hinted August 27 – Star Saber Haslab, so where to pre-order it?

So if the next Haslab project is really Star Saber, what's the best place to pre-order it for us in Canada? Can you share your experience with the last Haslab Unicron?
I didn't take part in the Unicron haslab since that's too big and I'm not too interested in Unicron character, I didn't even buy the 3rd party Cell. However I'm more interested in StarSaber so want to prepare for it.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 06:19 PM   #2
TheSwipe95
TheSwipe95
Re: Hinted August 27 – Star Saber Haslab, so where to pre-order it?

Best place is still gonna be Pulse. The first run, at least, will only be available through them.
TheSwipe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 06:52 PM   #3
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

If it's Haslab you can't pre-order you have to back and that would be straight from Haslab. Unless you gonna pay aftermarket prices
wervenom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 07:48 PM   #4
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
So if the next Haslab project is really Star Saber, what's the best place to pre-order it for us in Canada? Can you share your experience with the last Haslab Unicron?
I didn't take part in the Unicron haslab since that's too big and I'm not too interested in Unicron character, I didn't even buy the 3rd party Cell. However I'm more interested in StarSaber so want to prepare for it.
I'll definitely have to see what it's like before backing. There are some other good Star Saber choices to consider as well:
1. Masterpiece
2. Iron Trans Star Blade
3. Planet X Kadmos
4. If transformation isn't a prority and you want a good robot mode only, Flame Toys.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 09:04 PM   #5
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

It's basically a made-to-order series of pre-orders disguised as a crowd funding effort. HasLab will be your only way to get Star Saber at MSRP/base price seeing as the HasLab Unicron is at Toy Traders in Langley for the low, low price of $1,850 CAD (original cost of ~$575 USD, so ~$800 CAD).

I remember BBTS and some other specialty online stores had Unicrons of their own that they bought to sell, but they were at a noticeable mark-up over the HasLab price.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 09:44 PM   #6
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Got it, thanks Guys!

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

Old 08-14-2021, 01:03 AM   #7
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

How much will it cost in the end just for the figure? Will it be like getting a Titan or 2 Titans?
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 08:29 AM   #8
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
How much will it cost in the end just for the figure? Will it be like getting a Titan or 2 Titans?

Speculation/Rumour is that the next TF Haslab is going to be Star/Victory Saber, and the price being mentioned right now is around the $200(US) point.

Whether or not that is true is still waiting to be confirmed by Hasbro themselves.

Xueyue2 if you want to get in on the project you will have to go to Hasbro Pulse and put in your order. It will be whatever the price is, plus taxes and shipping to Canada. That is all in US dollars as well so you'll see the price in US and then get the ding later on your credit card in Canadian funds. The one good thing is they don't charge your card until the end of the backing period. So if the backing period ends on Oct. 31st, you''ll get charged on Nov. 1st. The down side is they won't let you use Paypal for preorders, only credit cards. So, if like me, you have a bit of US funds in your Paypal account you can't use it for the preorder.

Forgot to add another good thing is that the all in price covers customs/duties so if you do order it shouldn't be hit with any further customs/duties when it gets delivered.

Last edited by canprime; 08-14-2021 at 08:31 AM.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 08:44 AM   #9
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

I think $200 is too low for a Haslab product.

MP Starsaber was 19800 yen, and it wasn't really a popular MP when released.

So unless this Kickstarter is gonna be a smaller size than MP. Maybe it's too go in scale with the WFC series, and start of a Victory/Masterforce scale continuation to the WFC series.
Dark Rage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 09:40 AM   #10
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Speculation/Rumour is that the next TF Haslab is going to be Star/Victory Saber, and the price being mentioned right now is around the $200(US) point.

Whether or not that is true is still waiting to be confirmed by Hasbro themselves.

Xueyue2 if you want to get in on the project you will have to go to Hasbro Pulse and put in your order. It will be whatever the price is, plus taxes and shipping to Canada. That is all in US dollars as well so you'll see the price in US and then get the ding later on your credit card in Canadian funds. The one good thing is they don't charge your card until the end of the backing period. So if the backing period ends on Oct. 31st, you''ll get charged on Nov. 1st. The down side is they won't let you use Paypal for preorders, only credit cards. So, if like me, you have a bit of US funds in your Paypal account you can't use it for the preorder.

Forgot to add another good thing is that the all in price covers customs/duties so if you do order it shouldn't be hit with any further customs/duties when it gets delivered.

Thank you man for this detail explanation!

I grew up watching Japanese TFs around HongKong area, so StarSaber is a more interesting characters to me than Unicron.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback