Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-11-2021, 11:59 PM   #161
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag
Re: SKUS for TRU Rainchecks

Made lots of adjustments and additions. Now you can find Thrust, Runabout, all the kingdom figures, MPM 12 and X-Pance.

For the Kingdom line, TRU has ditched the idea of having a different SKU per figure like they did with the Earthrise deluxes. This is great news as it means you have less SKUs to ask for rainchecks. That also helps when someone gifts you a Transformers toy that you already have and you can exchange it for one you don't have.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 12:34 AM   #162
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Nice job with the update!
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 12:54 AM   #163
The Nemesis
Alternator

While this is still useful for people calling for stock info, the last time I talked to my local TRU about raincheques I was told that their policy is only to issue them on sale items. Which sucks because if I could just get a raincheque for Runabout it would pretty much solve all my problems.
Old 03-12-2021, 01:25 AM   #164
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
While this is still useful for people calling for stock info, the last time I talked to my local TRU about raincheques I was told that their policy is only to issue them on sale items. Which sucks because if I could just get a raincheque for Runabout it would pretty much solve all my problems.
I don't really get the problem, I thought rainchecks only served their purpose for on sale items. Like you get a raincheck because the item you want on sale is not available. I don't see how a raincheck for runabout at 32.99 would help you, but maybe I am missing something.
Old 03-12-2021, 03:17 AM   #165
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
I don't really get the problem, I thought rainchecks only served their purpose for on sale items. Like you get a raincheck because the item you want on sale is not available. I don't see how a raincheck for runabout at 32.99 would help you, but maybe I am missing something.

I don't know how it works at TRU since I've never successfully redeemed a raincheque there before, but at other places they will hold the item that you have the raincheque for while contacting you to tell you it's available. So it could be used as a way to guarantee getting a quick-selling item on a restock.

Like I want Runabout, but it's never in store when I check. So in theory I get a raincheque, one comes in, I get a call to tell me it's in, it gets put aside automatically and I can go pick it up without having to either randomly visit the store a kajillion times hoping it's there or having to phone the store repeatedly and deal with the possibility that the employees checking stock levels don't know what they're doing and are just trusting the computer to be right when there's actually stock in the back room or even on the shelf.

From a practicality standpoint, having some sort of restock reservation system seems like a better setup than what they do now. and if they wanted to they could use raincheques in that fashion.
Old 03-12-2021, 11:44 AM   #166
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Made lots of adjustments and additions. Now you can find Thrust, Runabout, all the kingdom figures, MPM 12 and X-Pance.

For the Kingdom line, TRU has ditched the idea of having a different SKU per figure like they did with the Earthrise deluxes. This is great news as it means you have less SKUs to ask for rainchecks. That also helps when someone gifts you a Transformers toy that you already have and you can exchange it for one you don't have.
Big thank you & much appreciated MapleMegatron, this thread has helped much over the years!
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 11:55 AM   #167
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I don't know how it works at TRU since I've never successfully redeemed a raincheque there before, but at other places they will hold the item that you have the raincheque for while contacting you to tell you it's available. So it could be used as a way to guarantee getting a quick-selling item on a restock.

Like I want Runabout, but it's never in store when I check. So in theory I get a raincheque, one comes in, I get a call to tell me it's in, it gets put aside automatically and I can go pick it up without having to either randomly visit the store a kajillion times hoping it's there or having to phone the store repeatedly and deal with the possibility that the employees checking stock levels don't know what they're doing and are just trusting the computer to be right when there's actually stock in the back room or even on the shelf.

From a practicality standpoint, having some sort of restock reservation system seems like a better setup than what they do now. and if they wanted to they could use raincheques in that fashion.
That's not how rainchecks work at Toysrus. They are just tickets/coupons to ensure that if you find a toy when it's not on sale, you can still get it at the sale price. That's also how rainchecks work at Canadian Tire, Walmart and grocery stores. They don't reserve the product for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
Big thank you & much appreciated MapleMegatron, this thread has helped much over the years!
I'm glad it could help!

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 03-12-2021 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-18-2021, 03:19 PM   #168
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

25% off on many TFs under $40 at toysrus, time to get those rainchecks
Old 07-21-2021, 08:45 PM   #169
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Anyone have the SKUs for SS86 Deluxes and other categories of figures seen on shelves at TRU?
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 09:36 PM   #170
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

Wrong thread!

Last edited by The7thParallel; 07-21-2021 at 10:40 PM.
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote