Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 03-09-2021, 01:49 PM   #11
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Takara Reveals ? Commander Class Rodimus Prime, ROTF Bee, Crossover Maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr3d1t View Post
I'll probably get him. To me he looks a lot better than the POTP version.

I kinda looks like the car should go deeper into the trailer. There are large tabs on the side of it that look like they should go where the bottom half of the trailer mufflers(?) are connected to.
You can see the slot where the spoiler slides into the trailer, and it doesn't give it any room to go further back.
Old 03-09-2021, 01:53 PM   #12
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Takara Reveals ? Commander Class Rodimus Prime, ROTF Bee, Crossover Maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr3d1t View Post
I'll probably get him. To me he looks a lot better than the POTP version.

I kinda looks like the car should go deeper into the trailer. There are large tabs on the side of it that look like they should go where the bottom half of the trailer mufflers(?) are connected to.
From the pic it looks like it all depends on whether or not the spoiler can slide further up the car mode to allow it to go deeper into the trailer.

You can see on the side of the trailer where the spoiler slides into it and stops. So unless the spoiler can move further up towards the front of the car, this will be as deep as it goes.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 01:54 PM   #13
Banshee
Energon

130$, folks.

It's like a bad punchline to a mediocre joke.
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 03:04 PM   #14
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

I like this, but I still don't understand why this is a Commander Class. This could have easily been a $70 Leader Class figure. The paint looks good, but, other than that, I don't see a Commander Class figure (Jetfire and Skylynx had the size, maybe the vehicle mode has the size for Rodimus). Accessories don't look like much. I think I'll still get it.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 03:27 PM   #15
TheSwipe95
TheSwipe95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
130$, folks.

It's like a bad punchline to a mediocre joke.
That's going off of current prices. Word is that the Commander class going forward will lower it's MSRP. Probably still gonna be $90-$100, but it'll be lowered.
TheSwipe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 03:29 PM   #16
Napseeker
Generation 2

It should be a Leader class, but hey if Hasbro can milk collectors for a few bucks more... (and they probably wanted to find something they could slot into the Commander class category to keep it alive).

I'm sticking with my PotP one. I don't feel this is that huge of an improvement over PotP.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 03:30 PM   #17
delrue
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Accessories don't look like much. I think I'll still get it.
Supposed to also come with 10 blast effects as well as the Matrix.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 04:15 PM   #18
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

I'm a certified sucker. I'm going to get that Rodimus. I was expecting better after that mini-masterpiece that was SS86 Hot Rod (the first Hot Rod MP style toy to have a small backpack), but it still looks good enough to me and I expect will look nice with the upcoming rumoured Galvatron.

I wish there were more interesting accessories, though. I was expecting something like Nemesis Prime or Battle Centurion with some extra accessories for other figures or something... I guess I got my hopes up unnecessarily.
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 04:22 PM   #19
savagephil
Robot in Disguise

What a waste! Worst of the kingdom line
savagephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 04:33 PM   #20
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightshadeX View Post
I'm a certified sucker. I'm going to get that Rodimus. I was expecting better after that mini-masterpiece that was SS86 Hot Rod (the first Hot Rod MP style toy to have a small backpack), but it still looks good enough to me and I expect will look nice with the upcoming rumoured Galvatron.

I wish there were more interesting accessories, though. I was expecting something like Nemesis Prime or Battle Centurion with some extra accessories for other figures or something... I guess I got my hopes up unnecessarily.
I think you would see a major meltdown in the fandom if they were to include accessories for other figures in a Commander class release. Especially with a fairly major character like Rodimus Prime.

I still am ticked about what they included with the Centurion since I wasn't able to get one. However at least the price point wasn't ridiculous and it wasn't a character that I might consider "essential" to a collection. Although essential is probably a bit of a stretch. 😁
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote