Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 10-29-2021, 04:12 PM   #1
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
RiD 2001 Super Prowl Review

Rounding out a look back at Rid 2001, or Car Robots if you prefer, with Super Prowl.*

*https://youtu.be/dKKuGtqeUCM
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 05:59 PM   #2
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus
Re: RiD 2001 Super Prowl Review

You're mistransforming him. You're supposed to wait until later in the process to slide the legs down so that you can use the extra clearance to fold in the arm that the hood attaches to. This will allow the hood to fit snugly with the body instead of dangling off the back. The hinge on the arm should fit inside the gap in the middle of the slide-rail, and then when you slide the legs up it should hold the whole thing in place.

EDIT: I just re-checked my 2003 Inferno, and the hole for the hinge is actually on the torso section, not the slide. Still, you need to have the slide down in order to have enough room to get the hinge into place, and then when you push the slide up it'll keep the whole mechanism from moving and make the hood fit cleanly against the figure's lower back. After that you can swing the hood/windshield piece down into a vertical position that will give the figure a much cleaner profile in robot mode.

Last edited by Whisky Tango Foxtrot; 10-29-2021 at 06:12 PM.
Whisky Tango Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 05:26 PM   #3
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
You're mistransforming him. You're supposed to wait until later in the process to slide the legs down so that you can use the extra clearance to fold in the arm that the hood attaches to. This will allow the hood to fit snugly with the body instead of dangling off the back. The hinge on the arm should fit inside the gap in the middle of the slide-rail, and then when you slide the legs up it should hold the whole thing in place.

EDIT: I just re-checked my 2003 Inferno, and the hole for the hinge is actually on the torso section, not the slide. Still, you need to have the slide down in order to have enough room to get the hinge into place, and then when you push the slide up it'll keep the whole mechanism from moving and make the hood fit cleanly against the figure's lower back. After that you can swing the hood/windshield piece down into a vertical position that will give the figure a much cleaner profile in robot mode.
Not gonna lie, I can't at all decipher what you said there, sorry. I had no instructions sooooo.....
But nothing was loose so the end result was still a success. Order of operations doesn't matter much as long as it works.

Last edited by GotBot; 11-01-2021 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-01-2021, 07:38 PM   #4
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

The hinge on the arm holding the hood should go inside the square hole in the torso.

Then the slide that the legs are attached to should be pushed up, locking the mechanism in place.

After that, the robot mode will be much cleaner, with the hood and roof tucked snugly into the back instead of dangling off.

Old 11-02-2021, 04:59 PM   #5
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
The hinge on the arm holding the hood should go inside the square hole in the torso.

Then the slide that the legs are attached to should be pushed up, locking the mechanism in place.

After that, the robot mode will be much cleaner, with the hood and roof tucked snugly into the back instead of dangling off.

I still don't see it. I appreciate the effort but I have no clue what you are trying to show and I had nothing dangling off so I'm at a loss.