Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 09-14-2021, 06:36 PM   #11
Skorpulator
Armada
Re: Transformers Collaborative Draculus Mash-up released in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post
yes, 100% you will see this in other stores. Hasbruh aint dumping money into a license and upcharging a 5+ year old deluxe mold to $70 just to make it exclusive.
That Top Gun Transformer has only been seen at EB Games...
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:43 PM   #12
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

sure but the first sighting was in a small toy store in Quebec.

and if EB does carry it then theres your solution.

if its that desirable then pre-order from pulse and be ready to cancel it once it pops up else where. with an end of nov release date theres lots of time.

You would think hasbro would be bright enough to get this out for start of October considering Halloween.

AND.... you wont find this under Hasbro exclusives or partner exclusives so no reason to think it will be exclusive

Last edited by UsernamePrime; 09-14-2021 at 06:48 PM.
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 03:55 AM   #13
The Nemesis
Alternator

$70? 70 goddamn dollars for a 5-year old deluxe mold that's been moderately retooled/redecoed and probably still has the same defective materials issues in the wingsthat it's had since TR (because if they couldn't be arsed to fix it for the Retro Headmasters release, why bother now)?

Wow. Screw that.
Old 09-16-2021, 06:40 AM   #14
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Yeah these collabs are f*ckin crazy for price

Bought the 1st Ectotron for full price like an idiot, but only when Gigawatt was announced and I’m like “damn, I guess these collabs are gonna be a whole thing”

But gigawatt himself, waited until Amazon was price matching a TRU sale, got him for $40-some w free shipping

Since then, haven’t bought a single collab - Maverick looked pretty bad so was easy to pass, and the X-Spanse might be cool (especially how big it is in person), but I just can’t swallow 94 bucks for a goddamned bayformer mold, my body won’t let me

This thing I feel the same - it’s using the 2nd-most widely-reported QA issue TR mold, which as we all said, probably definitely is still the same rubber sh*t, the cloth cape (while fun in concept) looks a bit *ss, and as others postulate, the mold prob has some degradation at this point (loose joints? Maybe fair to wait for more to get it in-hand before claiming this)

I loved TR, and if this guys head (probably) comes off, I’ll end up biting (natch) in the end - but def waiting on TRU to get it, for sale prices
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote