Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-11-2021, 01:30 PM   #251
delrue
Crossover
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Not really a vent but didn't know where else to post this. Expect possible delays for upcoming waves of figures. Vietnam is going into another lockdown from lack of vaccines. They are only running factories that produce essential goods (food, medicine ect.)
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 06:11 PM   #252
pandaprime
aficionado!

I just realized I paid approx. FOUR (4) times the price for a rattrap on walmart.ca now compared to the price I paid back in 1997. (i feel old now)

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/transfo.../6000203183156

Vintage Beast Wars
Rattrap (2021)
Accessories: 2-part pistol
In celebration of the 25th anniversary of Beast Wars, the original 1996 Basic Class Rattrap was reissued under the Vintage Beast Wars lineup. Rattrap features all the same accessories and functionality as the original toy but differs slightly in plastic coloration, having a deeper brown, a browner shade of gray and a different shade of pink. His beast mode eyes have also been painted black instead of the original's yellow.
Much like Vintage G1, Rattrap is packaged in a "rock bubble" blister card styled after the original Beast Wars toy packaging, package art and all. Also similar to Vintage G1, the time disparity since the original release has the toy set at quadruple the price of the toy's 1996 release and at the same size class/price as the deluxe class Cheetor figure. This figure is exclusive to Walmart in the United States.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Rattrap_(BW)/toys

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 09:31 PM   #253
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
I think this is something that really isn't being taken into account, or seriously, by collectors. I think the vocal ones think everything is being exaggerated and it is incompetence that is causing all these problems and greed for the price increases.

I can only imagine how much worse it is for smaller companies who don't have the same cash flow to compete with the big boys. Especially with the stories I read about containers being snatched away at the last minute by someone coming along and offering a lot more money, and so the smaller companies are back to square one and it may take them another month, or more, to get on a boat.

I think people should take a step back and be a bit more understanding about the problems with getting products to shelves right now.

On that note.....Hey EB/Gamestop, where is my ARK????!!!
Agreed and agreed.

In the company I work for our freight and supply costs are out pacing our increases and with being a global company more and more business is coming our way despite those increases because we’re one of the few companies able to secure materials and ship in a timely manor despite a skilled labour shortage as well. There’s a lot of transition and turmoil across many sectors of the economy right now including being promoted to management myself and then someone being promoted to my former role so there are many more dominoes falling than we see on the table.

Canprime, I don’t know where your Ark is but I got mine and hope you get yours soon. Cheers
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 12:25 PM   #254
First It Giveth
Generation 1

What burns my biscuits lately is the rapid yellowing on some of the recent Figures coming out. The metallic plastic on my Cyclonus has turned deep bronze and my cyberverse Arcee has turned peach. These are figures less than a year old. This shouldn’t be happening this quickly. Netflix Soundwave and Earthrise Megatron are two major culprits for this as well. It’s kinda taken the sails outta me with this happening on top of all the delays/exclusive BS we gotta put up with these days.
First It Giveth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 12:38 PM   #255
Philtastic
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by First It Giveth View Post
What burns my biscuits lately is the rapid yellowing on some of the recent Figures coming out. The metallic plastic on my Cyclonus has turned deep bronze and my cyberverse Arcee has turned peach. These are figures less than a year old. This shouldn’t be happening this quickly. Netflix Soundwave and Earthrise Megatron are two major culprits for this as well. It’s kinda taken the sails outta me with this happening on top of all the delays/exclusive BS we gotta put up with these days.
Do you keep them in an area exposed to direct sunlight?
Philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 12:40 PM   #256
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by First It Giveth View Post
Reads your post... check my Cyberverse Arcee...

Well darn it all to hell, you're right, her thighs looks a bit weird now.

Well, I just got my Tracks yesterday, already applied three fixes to lock the legs in a bit better, already painted the details that Hasbro should have done (the wings having a red line should have been given) and now he's drying from a Pledge (floor polish) application to get the hips to not be so freaking loose.

If these weren't toys and would be a more important product type, this sort of quality issues wouldn't pass and the company would have to do recalls and reimbursements.
Old 09-01-2021, 12:44 PM   #257
First It Giveth
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philtastic View Post
Do you keep them in an area exposed to direct sunlight?
Nah, I keep them boxed away because of space. I read about the yellowing on a thread in TFW, which made me pull those figures out to check. It seems to be becoming a known issue, which is pretty disappointing.
First It Giveth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:59 PM   #258
steamwhistle
Crossover

General grumbling at Amazon's price fluctuation.

I can sort of understand/tolerate it when a third-party retailers are involved.
But when it's on Amazon's "shipped and sold by" stock...??

Ordered Core Soundwave off Amazon.ca, even though it noted 1-2 months for delivery. Price was $14.99.

Went to order a second one this afternoon after thinking I might be able to use one for a project, but the price jumped to $19.99.

Will probably just now get it added to a future ToysNowMan order if it's still available later.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 12:16 PM   #259
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

I got T-Wrecks yesterday and his backpack two-prong clip sheared off around 2MM of the edge when trying to pull the hip section back to cover the hips.

Thinking 'this never happened with BW Megs', I looked at him and his entire right clip around 5MM came off at the base. Not sure if it needs to be glued or doesn't hold much of the backpack?

New mold QC issue I guess.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 01:10 PM   #260
pandaprime
aficionado!

stupid Amazon naming conventions

how am I supposed to know what these are?

Tra Destiny 2-Sioc
Tra Destiny 3-Sioc
Tra Destiny 4-Sioc

this makes the search tool almost useless

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote