Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 09-17-2021, 10:41 AM   #11
theoneyouknowleast
Classic
Re: HasLab Victory Saber ? Tier 2 Revealed: Autobot Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
Tier 3 will be just box art upgrade.

Nah, Tier 3 will be just one additional paint app!

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 10:56 AM   #12
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

This is lame considering the tiers for the Sentinel and Galactus. Sorry, I want to be positive, but comparatively speaking to other HasLab offerings, it really is lame.
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 10:56 AM   #13
steamwhistle
Crossover

It's nice to know I'm not the only one buying this just for the Tier Specials.
steamwhistle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 11:13 AM   #14
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Damn, can you imagine if it's something that lame? I did end up backing this, but these tier unlocks are making me somewhat wary.
I also backed this, but seeing how the V Lock cannon is at 14k, I'm not going to be impressed if it's not unlocked. Not sure why it's not included originally as it's pretty integral to the original toy. (money, yes, I know)
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 11:20 AM   #15
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightshadeX View Post
This is lame considering the tiers for the Sentinel and Galactus. Sorry, I want to be positive, but comparatively speaking to other HasLab offerings, it really is lame.

While I agree with you in general I would also caution against anyone getting their hopes up too high.

This is the cheapest Haslab to date, which means the margins for Hasbro are going to be smaller. That means they have less wiggle room to make unlockable targets.

If you look at the unlocked tiers for pretty much all the Haslabs they were not treading new ground nearly every time, and they were relatively cheap to produce. Most of the exclusive figures required little new tooling, so they were easy to bundle into the cost of making each project (Morg being the notable exception). Also they were generally items/characters that could show up at retail at a later date.

So far the unlocks have followed the first pattern. The V Lock cannon is probably one simple piece to tool. So cheap to make. The stand slightly moreso because of parts, but again probably not that expensive to make. Since it is highly unlikely there will be any "figures" as part of the tiers, that leaves another accessory as the most likely candidate. Maybe the Shield?

Anyway, it is probably better to keep expectations low and that way people won't be as disappointed.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 11:46 AM   #16
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
While I agree with you in general I would also caution against anyone getting their hopes up too high.

This is the cheapest Haslab to date, which means the margins for Hasbro are going to be smaller. That means they have less wiggle room to make unlockable targets.

If you look at the unlocked tiers for pretty much all the Haslabs they were not treading new ground nearly every time, and they were relatively cheap to produce. Most of the exclusive figures required little new tooling, so they were easy to bundle into the cost of making each project (Morg being the notable exception). Also they were generally items/characters that could show up at retail at a later date.

So far the unlocks have followed the first pattern. The V Lock cannon is probably one simple piece to tool. So cheap to make. The stand slightly moreso because of parts, but again probably not that expensive to make. Since it is highly unlikely there will be any "figures" as part of the tiers, that leaves another accessory as the most likely candidate. Maybe the Shield?

Anyway, it is probably better to keep expectations low and that way people won't be as disappointed.

Maybe only me, but I prefer Haslab price this higher to give us a perfect Victory Saber, instead of right now feeling like a commander class mass production toy.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote