Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #51
elburrito
Animated
Re: movie line is it worthless???

a bit o' burrito's opinion:

1 - It is not accurate to determine the value of any transformer toy based on how quick Cybertron.ca members will pay top dollar for it. A lot of us, myself included tend to try to find "deals" on Cybertron.ca. Perhaps a better venue would be eBay or a local toy fair.

2 - The movie line is not worthless, it is just not G1 or G1 reminiscent. G1 lovers are likely the largest sub-demographic of transfans.

Others have said it below, but it bears repeating, the value in these toys is the enjoyment you get from the toys, not resale value.

Ultimately, you could sell a peanut for $100 if you can find the person who thinks it is worth it. This is a general principle of selling things. Like anything else, selling things to make money takes work. There are few "goldmine" items that just sell themselves.

Those who do profit from toys are those who (I am paraphrasing another user whose ID I cannot recall) buy a bunch and sell them fast.

3 - Even if you buy a toy that you ultimately decide is crap, there are better ways to use it than to simply sell (most times)

These toys make great fodder for taking apart and making other things out of.

Along those lines, experimenting with your less-loved toys (and by that I mean breaking and fixing them, not anything untoward) is a great way to learn about plastic.

I have broken and repaired several of my less-loved toys and a couple of them have even turned into something I did like through this process.

At the end of the day, beauty really is Megan Fox...uh, i mean in the eye of the beholder. I saw someone trash the animated line early and it is one of my personal favourites.

On the other hand, I don't have much time for the beast wars stuff but will not talk them down because I know there are many here who cut their teeth on those toys and love them.

In short, if you want to sell it, you can sell it for what ever you want if you are patient and resourceful. If you like it, don't worry if others do not.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #52
BoNKerS
Animated

So..... ummm anyone have a Human Alliance Soundwave they want to sell me?
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:53 PM   #53
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNKerS View Post
So..... ummm anyone have a Human Alliance Soundwave they want to sell me?
lol I think he is one of the few that is worth some extra cash....
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #54
CBII
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkamanraiden View Post
You might have some luck when the next movie is out.
That's my thought on it. Next to no gives a hoot about movie toys (for various reasons mentioned already) at the moment. However I think we'll see a nice little bounce back in interest once the next movie comes out and newer collectors come online and search out the really good figures.

Lets face it, making Bee the spot light character as great for kids but terrible for the toy line in the end.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #55
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Not really worthless I can help by taking HA Soundwave of your hands for 15$.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:23 AM   #56
CanBot
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
after reading all of our story's Hasbro needs to kill of the tf line and give a 5 year hold on them... only line that should and will continue is the mp line as they are not mass produced . as for all the crap that went down with orders for mp soundwave and now everyone returning there extras that they cant scalp, I hate to see the future of large scale sales of future Hasbro MPs....

What happened with this, Laffy?...was there a big rush for lower priced SW MP from Hasbro, and then when the resupply came, everybody brought back their bots for sale in the future?

Personally, I'd like to know why it was so difficult for me to find Leader Sentinel Prime in BC. I went and looked in every major TRU I could think of over months and months...and it took a while for me to find Ironhide, as well. But Sentinel was a no show, anywhere. When was his stint in the stores, does anyone know? I still like to scan the shelves at TRU from time to time, but I see less and less TF I'm on the hunt for. My last store purchase was the anniversary Unicron. Which I quickly bought. To make me feel better about no Sentinel

Wanna know what that feeling is like? Imagine: 1987. Scanning the GI Joe wall. STORMSHADOW?!?!?!....what are YOU!??! doing here???? Now that's a great feeling.

The exact opposite of that feeling? 2010, scanning scanning for Leader SPrime...THERE HE IS!!!...gasp!

...er, nope it's the voyager class SPrime. Kick to tha BAAAAALLS, man!

Last edited by CanBot; 10-25-2013 at 04:34 AM.
CanBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:15 AM   #57
justprime
Animated

The supply short has always been the case since g1 days sential for my area ontario was one of the first releases and sat on the shelves with little to know intrest and up untill zellers close out could be found on shelves from time to time (overstocked) Hasbro has never gotten a hold on the concept of even distribution,timly or otherwise.. current MP10 feasco and now the massive price hike for that pieces rerelease is an example,.. but also is line end in that we here in canada barly see the product and in most cases it never ships here (would be a good discussion topic for the boards here what was never or short shipped list) this continues on today and constantly frustrated collectors and escalates price on secondary market hasbros veiw is that theres fun in collecting,like pokemon "gotta collect them all" ( not if you cannot find or have to pay triple price IE..Movie HA soundwave,leadfoot and Q to name a few here and is at vary least frustrating for hard core collectors ) another reason Hasbro need to have a well run organised online store that doesn't soak consumers who don't reside south of the boader.
We the collecting community feel your pain CanBot
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:20 AM   #58
Monby
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post
Personally, I'd like to know why it was so difficult for me to find Leader Sentinel Prime in BC. I went and looked in every major TRU I could think of over months and months...and it took a while for me to find Ironhide, as well.
hmm.. that is weird because both leader sentinel and leader ironhide, particularly leader sentinel was shelfwarming in the greater vancouver area. I remember getting leader sentinel solely because TRU had 50% off leader class and there were lots of sentinels hahaha... and then they showed up at superstore in mass after a while too
Monby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #59
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Ya, they were everywhere.. And no one want them. Don't really need to try hard to get a leader Sentinel. And there were loads of ironhide on clearance at Superatore as well. Well, I never pick up a Leader Ironhide, because it is out of scale with Leader Optimus. They have shelfwarm at local superstore for more than half a year at least. Basically non of Tge movie figures wew hard to find..
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #60
Commandoclone87
Seeker

While there are some movieverse collectors out there, I have found that with just how much of the stuff was produced during the movie runs, that it really does not hold much value and your best option is to really sell it in one or more lots.

On the other hand, the Human Alliance figures (Primarily Jazz, Barricade and Soundwave) have retained a fair amount of resale value due to either rarity (Soundwave) or the overall quality (Barricade and Jazz). A few of the bigger Leader and Ultimate class figures go for a bit as well (Buster Prime and Jetfire).
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote