Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-26-2011, 04:39 PM   #31
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions
Re: Fansproject TFX-04B Shadow Scyther Trailer Set being shipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
Curt ended up deleting the entire facebook posting and will probably sell them on a personal ebay acct.
Yes, when I noticed the facebook post was gone and it was out of stock...I figured this is what he was up to heh. A real shame, I would've plunked down double the original price for it.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #32
Gunn2025
Generation 1

Got mine today!! It is amazing!!
Gunn2025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #33
hugh_da_man
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
Curt ended up deleting the entire facebook posting and will probably sell them on a personal ebay acct.
That's what he should have done in the first place. He should have known that people would flip out over the hiked up price.
hugh_da_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #34
protoform_ironhide
Commander

It looks very nice especially with that clear red Rodimus someone has posted earlier, but I guess it isn't a must have for me especially with a price this high. I am happy enough with a Protector, which I still haven't purchase one yet...haha...
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #35
Breakdown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarknus View Post
TFSource has really lost my respect after this. I will probably look elsewhere for my items now. I was a HUGE TFSource supporter but this made me sick.
This isn't the first, nor the last time that they've done something like this. Realistically though, it doesn't take away from the fact that they're one of the top, if not thee top online Transformers distributor. I too originally had an issue with there pricing before I actually ordered from them, but I came to realize that if I didn't like it, I just didn't have to buy it.... I'll still continue to deal with them however, as the packaging and customer service has far surpassed my expectations.
Breakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:53 AM   #36
Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh_da_man View Post
They're probably hold backs for replacements and cancellations.

People on tfw were nerd raging...it was pretty good. In the end, I'd rather see TFSource get $300 than see tfw scalpers gloating about how they bought up a bunch to resell on ebay.
No they made a special note about all Shadow Scythe pre-orders that there would absolutely be no returns on any of the sets. If there was an issue it was to be taken up with Fansproject.

This is what was on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFSource on facebook
Well most are actually coming from the TFsource secret stash... and then a few anticipated cancellations... amazing what is in that secret stash, so much saved up for rainy days.
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFSource on facebook
It's been selling for $350 - $500 on the secondary market ever since we announced it. If we sold for less, they would be bought for that much and sold on the secondary market for that much. Complain all you want, that's the reality.

It just amazes me how sleazy toy collecting can get sometimes.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:52 AM   #37
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

posted in the thread on tfw, not reposting it, but the remaining pieces are being raffled off for original price to those that asked for one before

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:32 AM   #38
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

TFsource completely disgusts me. Way to loose your customers TFsource. Scalping your own exclusive.

Can you imagine if BotCon did that? What if BotCon had another set like the Seekers on their hands and purposely held back a whole bunch just to sell in their store at a marked up price. Oh, and you have to sign up for a membership to actual buy them too. People would riot in the streets!

Too bad they deleted their Facebook account. I would have liked to see some of those negative comments.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:51 AM   #39
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

They didn't delete their FB acct, just the posting/thread of scyther on fb. Just to distract or change the topic, he tries to get people to answer questions of Piss Magnus, but he's just really trying to sell it to people instead. Smart. Prick.

I bit the bullet and bought one today, luckily at a cheaper price than ebay/asking price of most tfw members.
Dark Rage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:55 AM   #40
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakdown View Post
This isn't the first, nor the last time that they've done something like this. Realistically though, it doesn't take away from the fact that they're one of the top, if not thee top online Transformers distributor. I too originally had an issue with there pricing before I actually ordered from them, but I came to realize that if I didn't like it, I just didn't have to buy it.... I'll still continue to deal with them however, as the packaging and customer service has far surpassed my expectations.
Well, what got me is the whole "if we sell it at regular price, people will buy and scalp" as their reasoning. So they are justifying their scalping by saying people will scalp their un-scalped prices...W...T...F....

I think their biggest mistake was plastering it on facebook...basically gloating that they kept some back for "rainy days" aka SCALPING. If they just threw it back on the website...they would've slipped under the radar and probably got their inflated price.

Other companies can match their prices and package just as well...so I would rather support companies that do not participate in these kind of practices. To each their own, of course.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote