Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-18-2022, 09:17 AM   #621
MegaGeek
Generation 1
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayback View Post
Where does it say Canadian Toy Syndicate supports Northmen Collectibles?
It doesn't anymore.
MegaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 09:20 AM   #622
MegaGeek
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
Can you do a Chargeback with your credit card company? Call them up and ask to speak with their Resolutions Department...all phone banking is severely delayed due to Covid, so you will likely have to wait in line a long time on the phone, but report it to the fraud department and claim your money back.

Regarding finding his shop, there are alot of ads promoting it online.
I'll give that a shot today and see how it goes. I've also been successful in small claims court in the past and understand the process quite fluently so I might go down that path. Nice thing about small claims is that 50 dollars looks alot more like like 150 when you start adding up and claiming administrative costs.
MegaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 11:34 AM   #623
Prime Sinister
Animated

After months of unanswered e-mails, I put in a cancellation request at sales@nmctoys.ca. Received a credit voucher and bought some in-stock items.
Don?t walk away from your funds. Grab stuff that you don?t really want but can resell or give away.
Drain this fool of his prized free inventory.
And never, never come back!!
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 12:11 PM   #624
Eliminator
Generation 1

I paid for a pre-order back in November with expected arrival of December for the products (...which are just now showing up at the big online Transformers retailers). I paid with PayPal, so looks like I have 180 days from the date of ordering to flag...so still some time.

I just really want my order, but also don't want to get burned in the long run with a restocking fee or store credit. I can certainly understand the challenges of running a small business, but there's obviously some best practices that the owner is not following. i.e. never shutting down pre-orders despite having no idea how many they will receive.
Eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 02:29 PM   #625
Prime Sinister
Animated

I bet he usually places orders much later on to get clearance prices to maximize his sad profits.
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 02:49 AM   #626
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGeek View Post
Just chiming in to say I'm pretty sure I've been taken for 50 bucks by this guy. No replies to my emails. Tough pill to swallow, and I might make him my project, but ya, stay away at all costs.

PS just look at his responses to his negative google reviews. That should tell you everything you need to know about what kind of business owner he is.
If you're still within the window, just go straight to charge back or paypal dispute. He'll email you back within hours
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 02:55 AM   #627
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliminator View Post
I paid for a pre-order back in November with expected arrival of December for the products (...which are just now showing up at the big online Transformers retailers). I paid with PayPal, so looks like I have 180 days from the date of ordering to flag...so still some time.

I just really want my order, but also don't want to get burned in the long run with a restocking fee or store credit. I can certainly understand the challenges of running a small business, but there's obviously some best practices that the owner is not following. i.e. never shutting down pre-orders despite having no idea how many they will receive.
The way I see it, if a shop can't get you a preorder within 180 days - especially when other shops have the stock - they've failed their side of the agreement and are no longer entitled to their restocking fee. Don't even give him the option, just go to paypal dispute.
Same thing happened to me several months back; I had a preorder with him. Other shops already had stock. I asked for a refund and told him I wouldn't accept his restock policy. He refunded me minus his restock fee, which wasn't much money, but out of principle I got the remaining few dollars back with a paypal dispute. He takes a hit on his paypal sale reputation and I order elsewhere.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 12:34 PM   #628
Fermix
Generation 2

+1 to just going right through PayPal. He will absolutely respond to your e-mails and, in my case, continue sending you e-mails egging you on when you don't reply to him.

It's not worth the time or energy. Just do PayPal.
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 03:13 PM   #629
Eliminator
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermix View Post
+1 to just going right through PayPal. He will absolutely respond to your e-mails and, in my case, continue sending you e-mails egging you on when you don't reply to him.

It's not worth the time or energy. Just do PayPal.

Given that I'm only about 2 months into the 6 month 'window' for PayPal refund, is it too early to engage them to raise a dispute?
Eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 03:27 PM   #630
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGeek View Post
Canadian Toy Syndicate FB Group douped me. Pretty disappointing that they would support such a business.
They have NEVER supported NMC. They were specifically created because they don't support him. I can't see how you were douped by them.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote