Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-12-2016, 08:29 PM   #181
Ozrein
Stunticon
Re: MP-29 Shockwave... Shipping/Release Speculation and Enthusiasm Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcrook View Post
My tracking showed it was in customs for 10 min. Just picked it up on my lunch break.

That is... Disappointing. I mean, Great for you! For sure. But disappointing for me.

I would have happily saved the money if I could have paid for SAL and had it here in the same timeframe.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:55 PM   #182
timcrook
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
That is... Disappointing. I mean, Great for you! For sure. But disappointing for me.

I would have happily saved the money if I could have paid for SAL and had it here in the same timeframe.
I was just thinking it probably isn't sitting in customs but didn't realize the possible alternative was your package got lost

Makes me nervous about future orders from N-Y cause they have always come with a declared value of a couple yen.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:19 PM   #183
monishb
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcrook View Post
I was just thinking it probably isn't sitting in customs but didn't realize the possible alternative was your package got lost

Makes me nervous about future orders from N-Y cause they have always come with a declared value of a couple yen.
I dont think its lost. I reached out to canada post what they advised me is there is no scan it came into Canada. So their assumption is they used a 3rd party carrier plane rather than an normal airliner or possibly its sitting here hasnt been emptied out. They advised to wait and also report it to the retailer, which I've contacted AE but no answer.
monishb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:23 PM   #184
nuropa
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post

if you paid SAL registered, it could be 3 weeks in custom based on my recent experience. EMS is definitely faster. I didn't get hit duty / tax on this package

03/08/2016 15:02 Arrival at inward office of exchange VANCOUVER PACIFIC PROCESSING CENTRE CANADA

03/29/2016 03:22 Processing at delivery Post Office CANADA
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:05 PM   #185
pside9
Beasty

I went with registered SAL. Japan Post's website showed nothing else besides having left the outgoing office of exchange on April 7.

I called Canada Post today and spoke with support and they said they did see the package was at Customs. They couldn't tell me if I would be hit with taxes and handling. They said it could be several more days before even being sent out from there.

At least it isn't lost, yet. Anime Export was fairly quick with things on their end. Now its good ol Customs and Canada Post that will add to the time.
pside9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:17 PM   #186
nuropa
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by pside9 View Post
I went with registered SAL. Japan Post's website showed nothing else besides having left the outgoing office of exchange on April 7.
tracking details won't update on JP site until Canada Post has it. it was then i found out it was sitting in custom rather than slow SAL.
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:27 PM   #187
monishb
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuropa View Post
tracking details won't update on JP site until Canada Post has it. it was then i found out it was sitting in custom rather than slow SAL.
We realise that but it was sent via EMS for Oz-rein and me from AE
monishb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:37 PM   #188
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Because SAL isn't priority, once it leaves the seller's warehouse (posting), your package could be sitting at a Japan Post facility at the airport for days. Once it leave Japan it should arrives Canada within 2 days. But then it could be sitting with Canada Custom for days before they get to your package. It could be 2-3 weeks before Canada Post scan and update the tracking which feeds back to Japan Post, even though your package had arrived in Canada for weeks...

In my experience, SAL could take up to 5 weeks before my package deliver. Mine left Japan on Apr 5. Today is only the 12th. It's probably arrived in Vancouver over the weekend and it's only the second working day today. We all know Canada Post employees work their hours...Tim Horton first, mail later.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:40 PM   #189
Dangard Ace
Masterpiece

Woot. Got my Laserwave from NY today(SAL). Loving it.
Dangard Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:41 PM   #190
Ozrein
Stunticon

Ya SAL is hot or miss. I've had a SAL shipment take under 2 weeks, I've had it take 4 weeks. That's why I usually choose EMS. EMS has taken a week once, every other time it's been 2-4 days.

This EMS shipment is already almost two weeks. That, in my mind, is WAY too long. If I wanted to wait two weeks or longer, I would have happily saved the money and chose the SAL option.