Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 07-29-2021, 02:00 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Super 7 Transformers Ultimates Wave 2 Revealed

Super 7 have revealed wave 2 of their non-transforming 7 inch line Transformers Ultimates.* Included in this round is Grimlock, Tracks, Megatron and Bludgeon.* Each come with a wide range of accessories from the cartoon.* They are retailing for $55 USD each and are due to drop in Summer 2022.* Our sponsors will have these up later today, read on to check the pics and details! Sponsor Links: Big Bad Toy Store, TFSource, Robot Kingdom, Hobby Link Japan, The Chosen Prime,
Old 07-29-2021, 03:23 PM   #2
Marcotron
Robot Master
Re: Super 7 Transformers Ultimates Wave 2 Revealed

These things cost how much? And they don't transform?
Are these popular?
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 03:26 PM   #3
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
These things cost how much? And they don't transform?
Are these popular?

Super7 appears popular enough to allow Brian Flynn (owner) to buy the rights to Silverhawks, and work with an animation studio to produce a new show.

I don't know how popular the TF Ultimates will be, but they have so many licenses now that I guess they make enough to do what they are doing.

I'm also sure they make a tidy profit per figure at $55(US), but probably not as much as people think.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:35 PM   #4
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Yeah, I don't see the appeal of these. I mean, I've heard some complaints about the plastic quality on the R.E.D. series, but the designs are a lot better than this, and many of these characters have high-quality transforming figures for the same price or cheaper, too.
Old 07-29-2021, 06:00 PM   #5
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
Yeah, I don't see the appeal of these. I mean, I've heard some complaints about the plastic quality on the R.E.D. series, but the designs are a lot better than this, and many of these characters have high-quality transforming figures for the same price or cheaper, too.
Super7 goes for the cartoon accurate look as much as possible with their Ultimates lines. So most of what we will see will be show accurate figures.

That said, yes TFs are going to be a harder sell, even though they are probably the biggest license they have right now (popularity wise at least). Like you said a lot of what they have shown so far can be picked up in actual transforming form through main lines, MPs or even R.E.D.

I think their success will come from their more "out there" choices. Such as wave 1's Action Master Bombshell and Banzai-tron, this wave's Bludgeon, or next wave's Tarn.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote