Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-19-2021, 02:59 PM   #1731
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
How does it work if you paid by PayPal?

I imagine the same way it would with a credit or debit card, just with an extra step in the chain. It gets refunded to your paypal account and then in turn Paypal credits it to the payment method used to put the cost into your paypal account to begin with (or, if it can't be credited that way for some reason like you used an expiring card that's no longer valid or whatever, the credit balance just sits in your paypal account until you either manually put it into a bank account or use it on something else.)

That's how Paypal handles refunds any other time I've had to get them.
Old 03-19-2021, 07:10 PM   #1732
The Nemesis
Alternator

I was at my local TRU this afternoon still searching for Runabout and the girl at the customer service counter told me something that's probably relevant nationwide (because I don't imagine that they'll simply stop distributing a figure in one part of the country but not others):

apparently Runabout is discontinued and will no longer be restocked.

This means that if you find any in the wild anymore they might be the only ones left and that you also won't get any raincheques for them during this sale that's on right now
Old 03-19-2021, 08:04 PM   #1733
Tiffster
Classic

What? It was barely released. That's stupid if true.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 08:59 PM   #1734
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post

Yep.

She showed me the inventory tracker screen and there's a field at the top that's marked with an "X" that indicates the product is no longer being distributed.

I suppose it's possible it was just for that store or this region, but that honestly doesn't make any sense because why would a national retailer just arbitrarily stop distribution for one place or area but not the rest of the country.

At the same time there were also no units remaining in stock in any store in the region. One said it had 2 of them but I phoned the store and talked to someone and she couldn't find any evidence that they were there (and said store is over an hour away, so it's not an easy jaunt for me to go out and check myself)

And as far as I know, my local store only got ONE shipment of them in two weeks ago. Which I missed out on because an inattentive or unconcerned staff member told me they had no stock when they actually did. Honestly the longer I interact with customer service from that store, the more I've come to the conclusion that it's run by idiots. I've had exactly two good customer service experiences in like 4 years.

And for the curious, the going rate on ebay right now, including shipping, is in the $50-$60 range. Because nothing says that Hasbro and TRU care about the fans like encouraging a scalper market with a 100% markup.
Old 03-19-2021, 10:27 PM   #1735
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Yep.

She showed me the inventory tracker screen and there's a field at the top that's marked with an "X" that indicates the product is no longer being distributed.

I suppose it's possible it was just for that store or this region, but that honestly doesn't make any sense because why would a national retailer just arbitrarily stop distribution for one place or area but not the rest of the country.

At the same time there were also no units remaining in stock in any store in the region. One said it had 2 of them but I phoned the store and talked to someone and she couldn't find any evidence that they were there (and said store is over an hour away, so it's not an easy jaunt for me to go out and check myself)

And as far as I know, my local store only got ONE shipment of them in two weeks ago. Which I missed out on because an inattentive or unconcerned staff member told me they had no stock when they actually did. Honestly the longer I interact with customer service from that store, the more I've come to the conclusion that it's run by idiots. I've had exactly two good customer service experiences in like 4 years.

And for the curious, the going rate on ebay right now, including shipping, is in the $50-$60 range. Because nothing says that Hasbro and TRU care about the fans like encouraging a scalper market with a 100% markup.
I hope she is wrong, so much about their system is messed up. I ordered runabout three times online from stores where the website said it was in stock. Then they would cancel it the next day. I went in to stores physically where board members had seen it even though inventory was showing none but I never found it. I went into stores where their system said they had it and had the manager check the stock room but to no avail. Went home empty handed many times. Then I ordered online again despite myself. This time the email the next day was your order is ready, come get it. To top it off I price adjusted it yesterday during their 25 percent off sale. So Things ended well , I got lucky. I would wish this for all. This should be so much easier.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 10:50 PM   #1736
Ransak The Elder
Beasty

For the record when you order online for in store pickup there is not an employee sitting by the phone waiting for an order so the can spring into action. The CS at mine said they usually take 2 hours to go out and grab it off the shelves and put it aside but in that time its very likely that an in demand item will be purchased by an in store customer.

Also if a store is showing stock and no one can find it its because someone hid it. Checking under the shelves you usually find a crap ton of stuff. Scalpers and stuff get around limit purchasing by hiding the stuff and coming back later. Could also just someone helping collectors in their community and telling them where its hidden.

I agree with you on the run by idiots though... thrust and runabout were on the shelf while they kept Greasepit behind customer service. They are still sitting there 2 weeks later and Thrust/Runabout were gone in about 2-3 hours.

Last edited by Ransak The Elder; 03-19-2021 at 10:53 PM.
Ransak The Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 12:23 AM   #1737
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
We've seen it before. Same thing happened with Red Wing and the TC/SW 2 pack.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 12:31 AM   #1738
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
And for the curious, the going rate on ebay right now, including shipping, is in the $50-$60 range.
Isn't that cost? I sent one to a friend in the US at cost and it came out to exactly that. Shipping was $20 and the toy costs just shy of $40 tax in. So It came to $60 shipped.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 02:50 AM   #1739
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
We've seen it before. Same thing happened with Red Wing and the TC/SW 2 pack.
I don't know about your region, but here in Ottawa you could find the TC/SW 2 pack on shelves for quite some time, and in good quantities, you could even get them on sale at one point.

Red Wing also.got.a second batch/release. I know because that is when I got mine from TRU.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 06:47 AM   #1740
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Isn't that cost? I sent one to a friend in the US at cost and it came out to exactly that. Shipping was $20 and the toy costs just shy of $40 tax in. So It came to $60 shipped.
$60 shipped is about cost.

If one were to consider $33 for the figure, $6 for shipping from TRU, taxes ($5 in Ontario) applied by TRU, and estimating $12 for shipping for the ebay seller to a buyer in Canada, that would be $56.

I would figure $60 is much closer to a fair deal, rather than “scalping”.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote