Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-08-2020, 11:18 PM   #581
Malechai
Machine War
Re: EBgames.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
Just got a refund for, presumably, Sunstreaker.
thats not good. i had to get a new card since i was billed. wonder how a refund would work for that if they do it
Malechai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 12:51 AM   #582
Supernova
Second star to the right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechai View Post
thats not good. i had to get a new card since i was billed. wonder how a refund would work for that if they do it

Hopefully they'd get in touch when the refund wouldn't go through and then you could get it straightened out.

I think in a case if you use PayPal, then it wouldn't be a problem since it would probably just go to your default payment method associated with it.

Transformers and Other Stuff For Sale

My Feedback Thread
Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 02:14 AM   #583
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechai View Post
If your card was replaced due to it being expired its the same card number so the refund would go back on it. If you had it replaced and got a new number then you might need to call them to straighten it out. Although your credit card company might have something in place to redirect the funds automatically.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 10:21 AM   #584
Malechai
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
Hopefully they'd get in touch when the refund wouldn't go through and then you could get it straightened out.

I think in a case if you use PayPal, then it wouldn't be a problem since it would probably just go to your default payment method associated with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
If your card was replaced due to it being expired its the same card number so the refund would go back on it. If you had it replaced and got a new number then you might need to call them to straighten it out. Although your credit card company might have something in place to redirect the funds automatically.

thanks guys. yeah got an entirely new number due to someone using it. sucks. Just waiting to get the new card then i'll reach out their CS cuz i have some preorders.
Malechai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 05:42 PM   #585
FlyingVEE
Generation 2
Send a message via ICQ to FlyingVEE

Anyone able to find Top Gun Maverick on their website?

Called several EB Gamesa and they all said they never seen any available on shelf for retail in store... but have seen Ecto-1 and Delorean in store.

I wonder if EB will get more Maverick later?
FlyingVEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 05:46 PM   #586
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingVEE View Post
Anyone able to find Top Gun Maverick on their website?

Called several EB Gamesa and they all said they never seen any available on shelf for retail in store... but have seen Ecto-1 and Delorean in store.

I wonder if EB will get more Maverick later?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
Here was the link that's been deactivated on their website.

They got several restocks of Ecto-1 and I've seen a second restock of Gigawatt. So I imagine they'll get restocks of Maverick too.
Old 12-10-2020, 07:21 PM   #587
prime
Generation 2

Maverick arrived at my doorstep today. Shipping updates said that the courier "missed" the pickup on tues, hence the delay. Whatever, it's here, and I can finally take that packing slip and get my platinum discount.

I'm happy with the figure. It's everything the reviews & pictures showed, and a sweet, realistic jet mode. Pricey and delayed, but I'm happy with it. I'll think twice about ordering from EB in the future though.
prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:59 PM   #588
prime
Generation 2

Got a response to my Nov email about why my Maverick wasn't shipped. Despite providing the order number & other details, their response was: "We've had a spike in inquires. Please call us or use the chat feature. You'll be waiting the longest if you email us."

They didn't even try to look up the order # or check the status. Their response, after a several week delay was basically: "call/chat us, we're too busy to answer your emails".

I hate when companies blame a prolonged delay in responses on high volume. Either hire more staff or fix the problems which are causing the complaints in the first place.

Also was able to do the refund/rebuy with the Platinum discount with just that shipping label. No issues, and the staff was like "Yeah, we do this all the time, no problem".
prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 05:06 PM   #589
delrue
Crossover

EB Games/Gamestop have been on life support for years, don't expect them to be around in the next few years. They've been losing money heavily since buying games online became a standard which is why they've switched to selling nerd shit.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 05:06 PM   #590
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

In my experience most companies would rather have poor customer service and make customers wait than hire more people. It's all about maximizing profit while cutting costs.