Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-29-2007, 02:16 AM   #11
Dark Rage
白人看不懂
Re: New toy images revealed at San Diego Comic-Con

The animated series sort of have a Gundam Seed/New Megaman abstract/blocky feel to it.

I really like the vehicle modes, but not so much on the Transformer modes (some are outright ugly).

Classics 2.0 looks sweet, but those are only drawings of them, Might differ greatly from the final product.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 04:54 AM   #12
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code of Honor View Post
Wow! That's actually not bad looking. I like the original feel of the theme song, and the voices sound good, except for bumblebee's. I like the animation of the Transformers, but I don't like the human characters look. The real thing that that can make or break the series for me is the story, but I'll wait until I see the show before I judge it. As for the toys I like them a lot, can't wait to see them on the store shelves... Then on my shelves.
Yeah BB's voice is not right... too bad they can't get as many of the original G1 cast to reprise thier roles (at least those that have't passed away).
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:06 AM   #13
darthrage
Beast Machine

I knew it!!! Like the movie, with all the naysayers (you know who you are ), people judged TF animated negatively but when they show the character designs and toys, you start realizing how promising and cool it looks.

I never had a problem with it and after seeing photos of the toys, I see myself getting one of each character.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:13 AM   #14
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

I wasn't to keen on Animated to be honest; after seeing the first promotional picture and more importantly hearing about the concept of the series I was a little dissapointed that the Decepticons were taking a back seat so that the Autobots could become Super Heroes in the truer sense of the word where Super Villains would be involved.

However I remained optimistic that that Cartoon might make for a decent and enjoyable series; after seeing that video clip I must say I am definately not dissapointed, despite the somewhat questionable nature of the theme songs chosen score I find myself eagerly looking forward to it. For one thing; it's the first time since 1987 or so that I feel the theme really captures the feel of the classic version. I've enjoyed each of them as they've come along, but hearing that theme for Animated it does make you feel a little like a kid again. (And at least this time they're singing the Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons as opposed to just saying it in dialogue like format akin to Cybertron.)

However; despite my enjoyment of the cartoon I'm afraid I refuse to buy any Animated toys, on the grounds that... After the past few years with me collecting practically every sub-line under the sun I must force myself to cut down to one line and I feel Classics would be a better thing to continue rather than getting started on the collecting bug with Animated. Although I may pick up Black Arachnia because I have a penchant for Female characters and if the Dinobots can pass as Classics additions I may get them too simply because Hasbro in their infinite stupidity have decided to not make duplicates of characters between the two lines. (Which strikes me as rather ridiculous considering that Classics may be pushed aside again for Sequels, Sequels and Sequels.)

Also I must consider my budget; provided I can get a full blown and very good paying job after I finish school.

Still; if anything I am more psyched for Animated the Cartoon then I possibly was for previous cartoons, not because of the fact that they were Anime, but more because I think the stand alone story approach of Animated will be a fresh and exciting approach as well as a much needed break from episodic series akin to Energon and Cybertron who I'll never get to see again properly unless they get the Box Set treatment, which I'm still hopeful for.

And if for some reason my will power fails me; then I hereby vow that if I am to wind up collecting Animated it will only be Decepticons. (Or else I'll break my wallet and the bank... However I am certain my will power will hold out and so... I have nothing to worry about.)
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:45 AM   #15
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Cant wait for the classics, but more than drawings would have been good, and we knew movie Bumblebee would eventually get Cliffjumperized.
As for the Animated toys? I'm still not blown away. Jimiwave looks interesting, Black Aracnia too but most of the others are lost on me, especially Prime, Bumblebee,the big green dude, Megs and Starscream. I think they are coming across a bit to reminisant of the Go-Bots line for kids under five........I'm still gonna give the show and toys a chance though, looks like a cross between G1 and Beastwars of sorts.
And the Galvatron Robot Heroes is a must have.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:46 AM   #16
kakit
Machine War

Well I know where I'm going for lunch next year, Zellers XD I'll have to drop in and buy whatever Animated figures I can find Hurray for double lunch period lol

Bad Seller: X-Warlock

Last edited by kakit; 07-29-2007 at 11:52 AM.
kakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:40 PM   #17
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Update: Apparently Soundwave's guitar turns into Laserbeak.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:34 PM   #18
dak
Master Creator

I'm liking this now. How they made the characters look identical to the show in both modes is awesome. One thing I did notice, but has really nothing to do with the full topic, the characters shown in the showcase were hand painted. That being said, the bright colors found on those toys, may not be the same when fully released.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 04:22 PM   #19
Icetron

I like how the new movie toys look. I want to see more pictures later before I decide though.

TF Animated looks sort of weird to me, but I really have to watch it before I decide..

I can't wait to see it still.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:28 PM   #20
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
Update: Apparently Soundwave's guitar turns into Laserbeak.
Now that is cool
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote