Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 12:50 AM   #1
chisau
Ontrario Walmart Watch

As many of you know, Walmart at Square One Shopping Mall is selling Alternators for $10 each. I when through all the Other Walmarts in the GTA area and not one of them is selling any alternators.

Right now, SQ1 have plenty of Rachichet, Rollbar, and Skids.

I think that the SQ1 Walmart is the hub of eliminating all the Alternators in the Province. So they may bring out more.

Anyone that works at walmart that can confirm or deny this theory, please post. Anyone that lives in Mississaga and have easy access to SQ1, please post any update of the sale, thanks.

Mods...this post is for Walmart only, not any other stores. So please don't lock.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:02 AM   #2
Nyghtwynd
Robot in Disguise
Re: Ontrario Walmart Watch

SO, This brings the total seen Alts to:
Prime
Ricochet
Rollbar
Tracks
Jazz/Mesiter
Skids
Mirage
Camshaft

Never seen Cam myself there, though (I like my Prowl better), and I need to get Skids. If any more are seen not on the list, post them.

Last edited by Nyghtwynd; 07-31-2007 at 01:08 AM. Reason: forgot Mirage
Old 07-31-2007, 01:03 AM   #3
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

I know I really cant remeber the last time I saw an Alternator in Wal-Mart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyghtwynd View Post
Never seen Cam myself there, though (I like my Prowl better), and I need to get Skids. If any more are seen not on the list, post them.
Really? He was warming shelves in the GTA for ages.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:07 AM   #4
Nyghtwynd
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave.ca View Post
What I mean is i haven't seen him at the sale. By the time i went to get some others (Jazz and Mirage) they were gone i guess
Old 07-31-2007, 01:31 AM   #5
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Here's some information you guys need to know:

Vendors do buy from that Walmart, including Toys Toys Toys. So far it may just be TTT. Altho I saw some Alts sold at Planet Hobby for like...$40 today? Real "Nice" deal...

But...Toys Toys Toys (TTT) is a franchise, thus, different owners can buy either: buy the boxloads (of 4), or individually. The latter may seem like bad ethics in business, but that's probably what scalpers and our own members are doing as we speak.

There's also been this pair of 2 Chinese/East Asian guys who inspect the Alts like crazy, and buy them up like mad. Either they're scalping them on Ebay, or possibly trying to submit an Alt to the AFA organization to have it graded. Or they can be completely clueless on what they're buying, since they're always trying to look into the box or the car. The Walmart worker has no idea what these guys are doing, and neither do I (I've never seen them). Late last week or last weekend, they bought tons of Skids (No idea why, and they inspected all of them like crazy).

When I went today, there were a lot of Primes, I wouldn't say scalpers are buying them, just the general public now.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:34 AM   #6
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave.ca View Post
I know I really cant remeber the last time I saw an Alternator in Wal-Mart.

Probably only until people found out Canada only got them thanks to Hasbro's "Wonderful" distribution, and nobody in the States has ever seen him, just like how we never saw Alts Shockblast and a lot of other characters.

I'd be grateful if anyone can get me a spare Camshaft, so I can "soup him up" with reprolabel's sports decals!
Old 07-31-2007, 01:51 AM   #7
dak
Master Creator

there is already a thread on this. There is no way to tell what store gets what stock. There is no way to tell if that is the only wal-mart, cause it's not. There have been sightings in various places, it may just happen to be those ones still had stock during the sale. anyways, Please continue discussion in the previous thread HERE.
Closed Thread