Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-04-2015, 01:47 AM   #11
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one
Re: Automaton???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock4Prime View Post
I just cancelled a few preorders from TFSource the other day because of the exchange rate. I can't see this encouraging me to buy from Automaton either. Hell, with the increase in retail figure costs I don't really want to buy from anyone.

I'm not buying from anyone that charges USD in Canada. I'm not going to pay an exchange rate plus paypal/creditcard or bank fee for that exchange, sales tax on top of that and Canadian shipoping fees.
If I am going to be charged USD plus all those fees for the exchange rates I might as well buy from the TFSOURCE or some other USA site because If Canadian sites think I'll pay those fees plus sales tax on top of that, think again. looks like I'm buying from sites that charge in yen.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 02-04-2015 at 01:57 AM.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:16 AM   #12
martind
Generation 2

Yeah, tell me about it. I just got my invoice for felisaber from him yesterday with a nice surprise... Imagine if you suppose to pay around 100$ CAD for Felisaber and by changing currencies like that, it became 102$US which becomes 130$ CAD....yeah, really not happy about that one...especially if the bot would of came out 2 weeks ago, I would of paid the original price in CAD....
martind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:25 AM   #13
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by martind View Post
Yeah, tell me about it. I just got my invoice for felisaber from him yesterday with a nice surprise... Imagine if you suppose to pay around 100$ CAD for Felisaber and by changing currencies like that, it became 102$US which becomes 130$ CAD....yeah, really not happy about that one...especially if the bot would of came out 2 weeks ago, I would of paid the original price in CAD....
Ouch... all current preorders should have been kept in the original currency and price...something seems a little illegal about making someone pay more after they've agreed to a price.
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:29 AM   #14
JohnathanKong
Generation 2

What are some of the asian sites that you guys are talking about?
JohnathanKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:31 AM   #15
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanKong View Post
What are some of the asian sites that you guys are talking about?
chimungmung

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:35 AM   #16
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
I'm not buying from anyone that charges USD in Canada. I'm not going to pay an exchange rate plus paypal/creditcard or bank fee for that exchange, sales tax on top of that and Canadian shipoping fees.
If I am going to be charged USD plus all those fees for the exchange rates I might as well buy from the TFSOURCE or some other USA site because If Canadian sites think I'll pay those fees plus sales tax on top of that, think again. looks like I'm buying from sites that charge in yen.

I'm with you 100% on that.
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:45 AM   #17
Window
Robot Master

Changing currency to take advantage of the exchange rate, kinda sketchy there.

Things aren't looking good for the looney or consumers anyways with Gas prices creeping back up.
Imports will start to cost more (I expect we will see price changes in a month or sooner) meaning most consumer goods will jump in price. Consumers getting squeezed from both sides now - this should be a fun year for the Canadian economy in general.
Window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:49 AM   #18
JohnathanKong
Generation 2

I just had a look at chimungmung, and they have a lower USD price and no tax. Shipping is maybe 10 usd higher but with no tax, those prices will be very hard to beat for any canadian reseller.
JohnathanKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:26 AM   #19
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

I'm just glad I prepaid on a few high priced figures many months back when our dollar was doing better. Sucks that shipping may still take a nasty bite from my wallet. I guess you got to pay to play, lol
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:39 AM   #20
joshimus
Metroplex

I would still rather buy from Automaton in USD than an actual US seller. At least shipping is quicker, freight is cheaper, and no customs fees, or at least it is incorparated into the price. The downside, it means I plan on buying less because of the exchange rate.
So...I dunno how I feel about it yet. This move to USD could make/break them.
Even my local comic shop had to raise prices on Mattycollector figures.
We Canadians get screwed either way, but I'd still rather support the Canadian small business, even if it means paying more.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote