Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 03-19-2012, 06:36 AM   #1
Blurrz
Fast Everything
Animated Chromia

A little back story on myself, I guess I've been painting for a decade or so with miniature figures. Regretfully was in Warhammer Fantasy/40K while I was an early teenager but realized how much of a time and money sink it was. To this day I still wash, smooth, paint and decal Gundam kits as well. But nothing, certainly nothing can get you ready when you try to customize a Transformer. I've learnt quite alot of new techniques few months, just about the quality of different paints, thinning them out, how to nail out pins, how to sand something without turning it into a mess, and the list could go on and on...

On to this particular figure, Animated Chromia from Animated Arcee. This was my first custom, and I finished it last summer. Despite the fact that it's my first, I really treasure it because it's seemingly my best custom out of the first half dozen I have done, likely because I actually took the time and didn't rush things. The reason you're only getting this gallery now... well was patiently waiting for the Reprolabels to come in. And not only that, but my good friend Counterpunch sort of indirectly pushed me in the right direction to take good photos, and holy crap, not much is required (two black t-shirts, two pieces of printing paper, two lamps and an empty 24 pack) to turn blurry photos into high quality steak and dinner.

With Chromia you might notice..

Moving on, here we have it, Chromia giggling her way onto Cybertron.ca

Bankai!

Don't make Swoop smack fembot!

Critiques, comments, and what not, appreciated!
Old 03-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #2
vohkuhl
Cybertron
Re: Animated Chromia

Keep it up, I have yet to even start anything, I've done nothing but prep work and haven't taken the plunge to painting my figures yet!

Share more as your progress!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
Blurrz
Fast Everything

Thanks dude! I can't attest enough about how fulfilling it is to complete a figure from start to finish. Give it a try, you won't regret it
Old 03-21-2012, 01:27 AM   #4
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Thats really good for a first custom. The more you do them the better you will get.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote