Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-03-2021, 08:24 PM   #231
steamwhistle
Crossover
Re: Got Coneheads? List of retailers that might...

Remember when Amazon profited on everything they sell and underpaid workers so that their owner could fly into quasi-space?
Good times.
Guess we should ban Amazon discussion too.
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 01:01 AM   #232
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
What does it matter? Most of us all got our coneheads. That's the main goal.
Nope, I was stupid enough to put my faith in an "early" Amazon pre-order for a "Amazon exclusive" item.

I will never trust again.
My Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20919

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21836
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 01:08 AM   #233
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
I heard from a reliable source that Amazon refused delivery of their conehead sets and then those sets were offered up to other retailers. Worked out for me as I paid 79.99 at toysnowman.
Yes, I read that on these boards too (you had posted this before I think, right?). But that's what I don't get. Toysnowman said they got it from their distributor and are making $10 profit off their 79.99 preorders. And with your reliable source, we know these are the Amazon sets (makes sense, that was the supply for canada). So, those sets were given to a supplier who then supplied Toysnowman. So wouldn't that be the person who supplies CMD store too? How could it be Hasbro instead?
I know none of us have the answers, it's just the questions I have and I am thinking out loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
Remember when Amazon profited on everything they sell and underpaid workers so that their owner could fly into quasi-space?
Good times.
Guess we should ban Amazon discussion too.
Yeah but who cares, at least they were selling the coneheads at retail price.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 01:08 AM   #234
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

I pre-ordered the day it went up so I had no reason to believe that Amazon wouldn't follow through with the pre-orders for their own "exclusive."

I just kept getting delay email after delay email and by the time I actually got my cancelation email from Amazon, all the other retailers were sold out and I was SOL.
My Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20919

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21836
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 03:50 AM   #235
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
What does it matter? Most of us all got our coneheads. That's the main goal.
Really? You spam threads freaking out daily, multiple times. Now you're pulling a "what does it matter" routine? Smdh

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 08:16 AM   #236
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessKnight View Post
I pre-ordered the day it went up so I had no reason to believe that Amazon wouldn't follow through with the pre-orders for their own "exclusive."

I just kept getting delay email after delay email and by the time I actually got my cancelation email from Amazon, all the other retailers were sold out and I was SOL.
That sucks dude, I learned my lesson when they bailed on my Storm Shadow Exclusive order. Also they cancelled my Coneheads order when I got a new credit card number.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 12:59 PM   #237
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

My Amazon order was still active when when I put in an order to Toysnowman. It was pretty obvious to me that that the chances were very low that Amazon was going to come through with the cone heads.

To me, I knew I could simply pass along the extra set if it things actually worked out with my Amazon order.
Old 09-05-2021, 01:22 PM   #238
Abominus Prime
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
My Amazon order was still active when when I put in an order to Toysnowman. It was pretty obvious to me that that the chances were very low that Amazon was going to come through with the cone heads.

To me, I knew I could simply pass along the extra set if it things actually worked out with my Amazon order.
I'm in the same boat except i lost out on toy snowman. And what I don't get is why the other online retailers were forced to cancel thier pre-order s then weeks later CMD store swoops in and gets theirs.

My point being with no info from hasbro or Amazon to at least make it right. who has time to sit here on the boards all day waiting for someone to post info on such orders. I no longer trust Amazon.ca and will no longer do business with them.
Abominus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 03:42 PM   #239
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abominus Prime View Post
My point being with no info from hasbro or Amazon to at least make it right. who has time to sit here on the boards all day waiting for someone to post info on such orders. I no longer trust Amazon.ca and will no longer do business with them.
Earlier in the year, I phoned up Amazon and spoke with a CSR and they gave me a $25 credit for the "delay". A few months later, my order was cancelled, which I expected.
Old 09-05-2021, 08:59 PM   #240
Mishap
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Earlier in the year, I phoned up Amazon and spoke with a CSR and they gave me a $25 credit for the "delay". A few months later, my order was cancelled, which I expected.
The whole ordeal was super sketchy. Amazon cancels orders for people in certain regions (I guess too far from certain warehouses). Okay, apparently that's a thing. Then they cancel orders if your payment method expires/ changes, even though the item isn't near ready to ship. I have never encountered that before. I personally couldn't change the shipping address to a delivery point or friend's house without cancelling and reordering, and the item isn't available to reorder. Never an issue before. Meanwhile, they are working backwards, culling the latest orders first. With all these excuses to cancel orders, I can only conclude that from early on, they never intended to supply the item, and were just stringing us along until - hopefully for them - the remaining orders were small enough to snuff out quietly.
Mishap is offline   Reply With Quote