Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-09-2021, 03:10 PM   #481
Jive Turkey
Generation 1
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Looks like he's trying to get people to post good yelp reviews. Somehow went from 1 star to 3. Not a lot of reviews, but three 5 stars on the same day seems fishy
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 10:35 PM   #482
style
Energon
style's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Looks like he's trying to get people to post good yelp reviews. Somehow went from 1 star to 3. Not a lot of reviews, but three 5 stars on the same day seems fishy
He must be able to get some things out.

Last edited by style; 05-18-2021 at 02:37 AM.
style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 02:48 PM   #483
RodimusRocks
Machine War

My GF is currently embroiled in an issue with him. She pre-ordered Jetfire for me a as a gift and lo and behold it wasn't ever fulfilled. She e-mailed him about a refund, he said he would look into the issue, never got back to her and now she's going through her CC company. We eagerly await his meltdown.
RodimusRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 03:59 PM   #484
Scenario
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodimusRocks View Post
My GF is currently embroiled in an issue with him. She pre-ordered Jetfire for me a as a gift and lo and behold it wasn't ever fulfilled. She e-mailed him about a refund, he said he would look into the issue, never got back to her and now she's going through her CC company. We eagerly await his meltdown.
Jetfire is also one of the figures that was never sent to me. Communication is definitely lacking on NMC’ send. Waiting for my CC company to complete the refund. They told me within 30 days I should have it.
Scenario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 04:04 PM   #485
BeeTrain
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenario View Post
Jetfire is also one of the figures that was never sent to me. Communication is definitely lacking on NMC’ send. Waiting for my CC company to complete the refund. They told me within 30 days I should have it.
It was Jetfire that began and ended my relationship with NMC as well. At the point I got him to cancel my order, he said that he had it in stock. Of course, this was a lie.
BeeTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:22 PM   #486
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

I've noticed something about this responses to google reviews. He has a set number of excuses that he cycles through. all of his excuses have been individually addressed in one review or another, but it's like he just hopes people can't remember more than one review at a time.
eg He was called out for being "backlogged" LONG before covid hit. Didn't address that in that response, but went back to "because covid" in subsequent responses.
Was called out for "I have 1000s of good reviews" being irrelevant when talking about his shitty interactions with customers. Ignored that in that response, but goes back to it in subsequent responses.
There are several others.

It's typical weasel lip service. He knows his excuses don't hold any water. They've always just been deflection from him running a garbage business
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:57 PM   #487
Ransak The Elder
Beasty

weasel? delusional maybe? Its completely possible from his perspective he's feels he's in the right and there is a vocal minority trying to sabotage him.

Id really like to know what kind of volume he actually sells to get a better understanding if this thread is the majority of experiences or a minority.
Ransak The Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 10:51 PM   #488
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransak The Elder View Post
weasel? delusional maybe? Its completely possible from his perspective he's feels he's in the right and there is a vocal minority trying to sabotage him.

Id really like to know what kind of volume he actually sells to get a better understanding if this thread is the majority of experiences or a minority.
He sells a lot, but delivering the actual products to the customer is another story. His stupid ads keep showing up on Google search each time you look up something action figure related, really annoying to see that they're using him as suggested.

I've sent two emails to him in the last 2 weeks inquiring about an order I placed last year and he's ghosting me. Funny thing is if I insult him or his business practices in another email, I'm sure to get a lengthy response. It's all a scam. He's running his business with people's preorders and deposits. He will use every excuse in the book to stall your order so that your buyer protection expires. Even if stuff is "in stock", don't support his business. If you want action figures, try Ages 3 and Up, Toytards, TF Toys, or even CMD Store. Avoid this loser at all costs (and like others have stated previously, if you've had a negative buying experience with NMC, leave a review reflecting your experience). All of the crap he thinks he's getting away with is catching up to him.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 01:24 AM   #489
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
He sells a lot, but delivering the actual products to the customer is another story. His stupid ads keep showing up on Google search each time you look up something action figure related, really annoying to see that they're using him as suggested.

I've sent two emails to him in the last 2 weeks inquiring about an order I placed last year and he's ghosting me. Funny thing is if I insult him or his business practices in another email, I'm sure to get a lengthy response. It's all a scam. He's running his business with people's preorders and deposits. He will use every excuse in the book to stall your order so that your buyer protection expires. Even if stuff is "in stock", don't support his business. If you want action figures, try Ages 3 and Up, Toytards, TF Toys, or even CMD Store. Avoid this loser at all costs (and like others have stated previously, if you've had a negative buying experience with NMC, leave a review reflecting your experience). All of the crap he thinks he's getting away with is catching up to him.

Yeah, I'm not supporting a store called "ToyTards." Though otherwise I agree with your point.

Toy Snowman has been good to me so far!

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 01:51 AM   #490
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Yeah, I'm not supporting a store called "ToyTards." Though otherwise I agree with your point.

Toy Snowman has been good to me so far!
I wouldn't knock them because of the name. I think they changed their physical name to Tokya Collectibles (probably because the name was offensive). The site is still called Toytards. I've ordered a lot of stuff their and never had issues.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote