Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-01-2021, 07:19 AM   #341
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphoffanonymous View Post
Glad i saw this I was about to order from them
This is why we should make this a sticky thread up at the top

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 08:14 AM   #342
style
Energon
style's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I wouldn't be so sure. I can't be certain but I think he's within his right to charge a cancellation fee for pre-orders as long as he is up front about it before you make the transaction (which, for all the other problems in his communication and the lack of straightforward information on his storefront, he is indeed up front about there being a 5% cancellation fee if you walk away from a pre-order). Personally I would think that the fair option would be to allow people out of pre-order agreements with no charge up to the point that the goods start coming in and orders are prepped to be fulfilled, but it's sometimes a wide gap between what's fair and what's legally obligated.

Also the people who are getting full refunds via charge disputes with paypal/their credit cards are doing it for failure of delivery (making the seller the one who is breaking the contract). It may very well be different if you're cancelling a pre-order that has yet to even reach the point of potential sale (where you as the buyer are the one breaking the contract.)

I'm not saying he deserves the money, but that it might not be as easy as assuming he can't charge cancellation fees and that anyone must be entitled to getting all of their money back for walking out on an order for any reason.
For sure.

Last edited by style; 05-18-2021 at 02:45 AM.
style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 08:59 AM   #343
octobon
Generation 1

Wow.. similar story here. Pre-ordered.. saw stuff come and go, then one item "sold out". Contacted, said shipping issues etc. Decided to cut my losses at ~160 days with PayPal and paid the cancellation fee.

Can't believe how many people have same story. Wonder what % of his revenues are cancellation fees for no actual product delivered...
octobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:05 AM   #344
Gatchatron
Transmutated

Just a bit of a side-question I have after following this thread for a bit...

How did you all find this place to start with - and what drew seemingly so many of you to jump in and put in such significant orders with it/him?

I never heard about or stumbled across Northmen/NMC before this.... I've taken a look at their page - and didn't notice anything really special about it (aside from maybe covering a LOT of different properties) relative to any number of places out there.... anyway - just curious!
Gatchatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:10 AM   #345
Crobot91
Metroplex

I would suggest that the first post be updated to list all cybertron.ca boardmembers who have had negative experiences with this clown. It will be clear to new visitors to this thread who don't have time to read 35 plus pages worth of complaints that these are not isolated instances and that they should stay away from preordering anything from this store. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-01-2021, 10:25 AM   #346
RodimusRocks
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatchatron View Post

How did you all find this place to start with - and what drew seemingly so many of you to jump in and put in such significant orders with it/him?

I never heard about or stumbled across Northmen/NMC before this.... I've taken a look at their page - and didn't notice anything really special about it (aside from maybe covering a LOT of different properties) relative to any number of places out there.... anyway - just curious!
I assume my story could be similar to many. When I began collecting in Ontario, I was looking for places that did pre-orders. I was very new at this and was simply looking for places in Toronto and Ontario in general. Also at the time Amazon and others didn't have anything listed so I didn't go that route. I eventually found NMC before I discovered the likes of Ages3andup and ToySnowman. Wanting to support local business I opted to pre-order with him and then boom here we are.
RodimusRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 11:07 AM   #347
pringj
Generation 1

I had several transformers on preorder with them that were supposed to be released in Oct. After weeks of sending emails with no response I’ve finally been able to get a response from them after reaching out on FB messenger. I asked for store credit and supposedly I am in a queue with no estimate as to when the credit will be issued. Has anyone else experienced this? Does he ever follow through or is this just a delay tactic? I am past the 180 days with PayPal so my options are limited unless I complain via the BBB. Thanks for your time and feedback.
pringj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 11:20 AM   #348
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodimusRocks View Post
I assume my story could be similar to many. When I began collecting in Ontario, I was looking for places that did pre-orders. I was very new at this and was simply looking for places in Toronto and Ontario in general. Also at the time Amazon and others didn't have anything listed so I didn't go that route. I eventually found NMC before I discovered the likes of Ages3andup and ToySnowman. Wanting to support local business I opted to pre-order with him and then boom here we are.
Same here. I had mostly been ordering from the US. A friend told me about Northmen and I thought it was great to have a local dealer to make preorders from. The duty charges on orders from the states always seem unpredictable, so it seemed like a great option. Was also nice to support locally.
That lasted for exactly 2 orders, then fell apart when there was a massive delay on the 3rd - a delay that wasn't affecting anywhere else.
Then the emails started and I couldn't believe what I was reading. I showed my girlfriend because I was so flabbergasted and she couldn't believe it either. I thought it seemed really weird, so started googling to see if people were having similar experiences and the similarities were uncanny. He seriously must have psychological issues
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 12:50 PM   #349
Iron Moose
Knows things

Quote:

Being talked-up in a Canadian Action Figures FB group.

I made one order for things that were in stock (and on sale) - they all arrived relatively quickly. I don't intend to buy from this store again, though.
Old 05-01-2021, 02:47 PM   #350
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by style View Post
For sure. What about if I’m banned because I opened a dispute for no communication or goods as they came in and out of stock? Still no email back.

Yeah, that's different because, as you said, the goods have gone in and out of stock and you've had no communication. By this point he's the one violating the contract formed by your pre-order/purchase and you should be entitled to get all your money back because you had every intention of honoring the deal until he failed to deliver on its terms or work with you to find a solution.

The only time I'm suggesting people might not be able to get the cancellation fee back is if they're cancelling a pre-order that has yet to reach the point of fulfillment because they've gotten cold feet over the amount of negative feedback and poor results that are shown circulating around the internet. Because those sorts of reasons fall under the umbrella of "you should've done your due diligence before you made the purchase"

Quote:

I initially saw someone on here post a link to NMC having the ER Scorponok 2nd release available for pre-order well before I knew it was something that would be more widely available at other specialty retailers. Given the way that collecting has gone since the middle of Siege, with a ton of stuff being so scarce as to be nearly impossible to find and the rest often selling out almost immediately upon becoming available I jumped on it without doing any research into the company and their history, which was dumb on my part.

It wasn't until I worked everything out that this thread came back into vogue and started appearing on the first page again. Before then its last posts had been many months beforehand.

And like I said, I had a reasonably decent experience getting my pre-order cancelled. I ate the 5% fee for the reasons I stated above and because I wasn't interested in causing a hassle and escalating things the way many of the reviews of his business have shown happens. But live and learn.