Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 04-27-2021, 08:41 PM   #11
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Hasbro To Raise Toy Prices Due To Raw Material Costs

They already made Kinder Egg transformers toys. It was during Transformers Prime. They were basically cogs that you could attach arms/legs/heads to to make the TFP characters.
Old 04-27-2021, 09:08 PM   #12
wrx78
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
They already made Kinder Egg transformers toys. It was during Transformers Prime. They were basically cogs that you could attach arms/legs/heads to to make the TFP characters.

Neat. Thanks. I learned something today. https://www.amazon.ca/Kinder-Surpris.../dp/B00SGCL0IU

Now I need WFC/G1 versions.
wrx78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 09:16 PM   #13
Ransak The Elder
Beasty

damn i want transformer kinder eggs now.. the giant ones.. the chocolate is so good
Ransak The Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 10:20 PM   #14
Tiffster
Classic

Between prime wars trilogy, the current trilogy and ss86 I've picked up most of want I want with many character multiple times. Going forward I'll be very selective because I'm not a bottomless pit of money. Go ahead raise prices, I'll buy less.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 08:14 AM   #15
justprime
Animated

There out of there minds in these times , it's going to be like when I was a kid vary few toys bought as cost was so high ....you really valued when you got one every once and awhile not to mention that they were quality toys not the cheapness Hasbro has been passing of in the transformers line of late ,one last thing hasbro ..I shouldnt have to buy third party kits to fill the plastic holes you have engineered just to make it look right get back to basics and make quality toys again
justprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 09:23 AM   #16
herooftheday316
Energon

I'm HOPING this is already priced in at the 32.99$ deluxe price point we already have here since it was already increased from 29.99$.

If G2 Ramjet is any indication, 44.99$ is the new canadian price point for voyagers.

It's getting harder and harder to justify non-sale prices.

-Mike
Old 04-28-2021, 09:54 AM   #17
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by herooftheday316 View Post
I'm HOPING this is already priced in at the 32.99$ deluxe price point we already have here since it was already increased from 29.99$.

If G2 Ramjet is any indication, 44.99$ is the new canadian price point for voyagers.

It's getting harder and harder to justify non-sale prices.

-Mike
Hell it is getting harder to justify clearance prices!!

I am in that weird cognitive dissonance stage. I like the current offerings, but not the prices. So I have limited my purchases, but I also spend the crazy amounts for the Haslab projects, Thundertank, Hot Toys, Super7 Ultimates, etc.

So should I really be drawing a line with Hasbro, and not the others? Of course I don't buy nearly as much as in years gone by, and I am all but done with Masterpiece, and Hot Toys. Also I gave up Star Wars Black Series, and ML is currently on the down slope.

Transformers and GI Joe are currently somewhat safe, but getting to the ML stage.

Of course if you ask me next month it will probably be a different answer.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 11:06 AM   #18
Darkroar
Generation 2
Darkroar's Ebay Auctions

It seems almost everything is up in cost these days, not just toys so it may also be part of inflation. People are expecting prices of some things (computer parts, etc) to go back to normal in time after shortages, but I'm not sure. We've borrowed lots of money for COVID (per GDP) and at least some inflation should be expected unless they add taxes to pay for it.

I've cut back a lot in the last few years and am selling some, so it doesn't affect me as much as it may others, but it still sucks. I can afford a price hike, but I don't see the value in a lot of cases.

I guess even if people buy less, as long as they charge more and downsize the figures they figure they can maintain/increase their profit margins.

Deluxes at $15, voyagers at $30, etc were the prices for such a long time... I guess we were spoiled.

Last edited by Darkroar; 04-28-2021 at 11:08 AM.
Darkroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 11:17 AM   #19
Tiffster
Classic

And those $15 dollar deluxes where often higher quality than today's $32.99. Often I look at my mid 2000's figures and find them satisfying. Less poseability but solid. Going forward if it isn't a must have figure that gets awesome reviews, not paying the premium.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 11:36 AM   #20
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
Going forward if it isn't a must have figure that gets awesome reviews, not paying the premium
That's why I'm a thrift store baby, baby
Paying full price is for the birds, and GENERALLY most retail figs (espec 1st wavers) can be found long after initial launch

With that said, of course can't expect the same for exclusives and/or "later/final waves of lines"
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote