Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-24-2021, 12:21 AM   #271
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy81 View Post
Isn’t paying for positive reviews against Google’s Terms of Service?
To be fair, he's not asking for positive reviews. Just reviews in general. So if you've had a legitimate bad experience with his shop, just leave an honest review about that experience and ask for your $20 coupon!

I'd love to see his reaction to those.
My Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20919

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21836
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 12:50 AM   #272
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessKnight View Post
To be fair, he's not asking for positive reviews. Just reviews in general. So if you've had a legitimate bad experience with his shop, just leave an honest review about that experience and ask for your $20 coupon!

Old 04-24-2021, 10:19 AM   #273
Moogleknight
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cli1ck View Post
I'll just leave these here
Who the heck goes to Yellow Pages for reviews? The guy is unhinged.
Moogleknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 11:04 AM   #274
Metrotitan
Robot in Disguise

Sent an email to NMC over 3 weeks ago asking politely to send what they had, (80% of my order is supposedly in my locker) and cancel the rest with no "restocking fees" for things that were never in stock. Never heard back.
Old 04-24-2021, 02:08 PM   #275
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrotitan View Post
Sent an email to NMC over 3 weeks ago asking politely to send what they had, (80% of my order is supposedly in my locker) and cancel the rest with no "restocking fees" for things that were never in stock. Never heard back.
Yeah, that sounds about right. If you do get a response, get a bowl of popcorn and a good drink, prop your feet up and get ready to read the novel that he'll send you, lol.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 11:26 PM   #276
style
Energon
style's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Same thing.

Last edited by style; 05-18-2021 at 02:50 AM.
style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 12:08 AM   #277
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by style View Post
Same thing. I emailed over and over and after 10 days I opened a dispute as I approached my 180 day PayPal dispute deadline and still heard nothing. I had to escalate my PayPal dispute and now he emails me within minutes. Not going to give me my product or anything. Just that he is going to ban me for jumping the ‘support queue.’ I think he is overwhelmed and he is on his own and his product isn’t coming in but at the same time I saw some my preorders go from being ‘preorder’ to ‘in stock’ to ‘out of stock’ with no emails or notifications. Didn’t want to take the chance. Thanks to this board for the heads up before the deadline passed that I should attempt to get my money back.
Glad to hear you got out while you could. It doesn't matter if he's overwhelmed though, he's constantly putting up new items for preorder and not fulfilling the previous preorders. I feel like he knows what he's doing. He'll make you wait until past the Paypal date for refunds (by giving you excuses about not being able to control supply and demand) and once the date expires, he can keep your payment and "provide you with store credit" (he tried that crap with me). It's just an overall scam, so I would never give him the benefit of the doubt. Plus he's super rude with all his replies.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 07:14 AM   #278
style
Energon
style's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Glad to hear you got out while you could. It doesn't matter if he's overwhelmed though, he's constantly putting up new items for preorder and not fulfilling the previous preorders. I feel like he knows what he's doing. He'll make you wait until past the Paypal date for refunds (by giving you excuses about not being able to control supply and demand) and once the date expires, he can keep your payment and "provide you with store credit" (he tried that crap with me). It's just an overall scam, so I would never give him the benefit of the doubt. Plus he's super rude with all his replies.
He still has two orders with me.

Last edited by style; 05-18-2021 at 02:50 AM.
style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 10:25 AM   #279
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by style View Post
Same thing. I emailed over and over and after 10 days I opened a dispute as I approached my 180 day PayPal dispute deadline and still heard nothing. I had to escalate my PayPal dispute and now he emails me within minutes. Not going to give me my product or anything. Just that he is going to ban me for jumping the ‘support queue.’ I think he is overwhelmed and he is on his own and his product isn’t coming in but at the same time I saw some my preorders go from being ‘preorder’ to ‘in stock’ to ‘out of stock’ with no emails or notifications. Didn’t want to take the chance. Thanks to this board for the heads up before the deadline passed that I should attempt to get my money back.
You guys should repost these as reviews on his google page. He said that if you'd do so he'd give you $20 off your next purchase over $100. Wow!
My Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20919

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21836
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:52 PM   #280
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessKnight View Post

It's still a violation of Google Review policy as it taints the honesty of the review. Not sure how to report it though
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote