Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 03-25-2021, 04:30 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Possible New Masterpiece Skyfire In The Works & Masterpiece Raiden New Information

Twitter user*@UNOYUKI07153, who recently shared new images of Masterpiece Skids new redeco and Kingdom Commander Rodimus Prime, has also tweeted a small image from the latest Figure King magazine with information about a possible new Masterpiece Skyfire and the upcoming Masterpiece Raiden. The image only shows Japanese text and it’s a brief commentary about Skids and his new upcoming redeco. In one line, it mentions that more Masterpiece figures are in the works including Skyfire. Would be finally see a proper cartoon-accurate rendition of G1 Skyfire for the Masterpiece line? Stay tuned with TFW2005 for more updates. » Continue Reading.

The post Possible New Masterpiece Skyfire In The Works & Masterpiece Raiden New Information appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 03-25-2021, 04:45 PM   #2
Marcotron
Robot Master
Re: Possible New Masterpiece Skyfire In The Works & Masterpiece Raiden New Informatio

Really curious how they can make Jetfire any better than the commander class figure.

Raiden should be cool, but probably cost a fortune.

Why isn't there an MP Mirage?????????
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 05:02 PM   #3
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Possible New Masterpiece Skyfire In The Works & Masterpiece Raiden New Informatio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
Really curious how they can make Jetfire any better than the commander class figure.

Raiden should be cool, but probably cost a fortune.

Why isn't there an MP Mirage?????????
First let me say I love Siege Jetfire.

However there are definitely some improvements that could be made with a Masterpiece.

Obviously the budget would be bigger, but of course the price would be bigger as well. The engineering would probably be a lot mtore complex to achieve the cartoon accuracy that Masterpiece goes for now.

Skyfire would also be even closer to G1 cartoon accuracy than Siege. Also add in what would probably be some show specific accessories. Then factor in size!!!!! How big will Skyfire be when scaled next to the rest of the Masterpiece line?

Finally the price is probably going to be beyond ridiculous. If Prime and Beast Megs were both north of $400(CDN), then Skyfire will probably come in over $500?

As for Raiden, at least it would be something not done in Masterpiece yet so they may decide not to go full scale with the rest of the G1 masterpiece line. If they do, then hooboy I don't want to see that sticker shock.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 05:37 PM   #4
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

If I'm going to buy a Masterpiece Jetfire figure, I'll buy it from Bandai. The Skyfire animation model was always a blocky mess. The main reason why I like my Leader Jetfire as much as I do is that it takes a lot of its cues from the original toy rather than the show.
Old 03-25-2021, 06:20 PM   #5
justprime
Animated

as far as a masterpiece jet/sky fire I'll stick with my fans toys version , as for raiden it will be a price point given a third party's up and comming version ...
I am not going camping so hasbro can leave the back pack designs at home,cartoon accurate indeed lol
justprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 06:45 PM   #6
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Funny how they're doing Raiden the same time Moon Studios (i.e. Zeta Toys) is doing theirs. It's the Unicron deboggle all over again. Zeta better not use the name Raiden, lol
ssjgoku22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 08:34 PM   #7
steamwhistle
Crossover

Siege Jetfire is good enough for me.
Masterpiece Skyfire... I'll possibly consider depending on price.
Whatever scale he comes in, he won't match up with everyone's indvidual idea as to what scale should be. For me, Siege Jetfire fits nicely. From the cartoon, I never got the impression that he was as large as the gesalts. As for alt-mode size, as long as there is Megatron and Soundwave, alt-mode sizing, for me, will have some leeway.

I was not into the Japanese Transformers, but some of the figures do intrigue me. And this Raiden looks interesting. It won't be high on my priority list, but I'll think about it for sure. Will see about the price. That will probably be the determning factor for me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote