Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you buy a Haslab Titan class toy?
Hell yes, sign up right now!!! 5 8.47%
Yes, with lots of extras ($350 price) 6 10.17%
Yes ($250-$300 price range) and some extras 11 18.64%
Yes, but no more than $200. 7 11.86%
Yes but only at general retail price 17 28.81%
Hell no!! Never going to happen. 13 22.03%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2021, 10:16 AM   #21
justprime
Animated
Re: Poll: Would you buy a Haslab Titan Class toy?

Tfs ...dams spell check
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 10:20 AM   #22
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
The ark does nothing for me. I can see the appeal, of course. But the titan class to this point is still toys or characters we have connections to. $250 for a spaceship with a random robot mode is not gonna do it for me.

I think it will be curious if/when transformers movies come out again, what the toy sales are like. Whether I hate the bayformers movies or not (and I do) is irrelevant. They gave transformers the highest profile they had ever had and cemented them as pop culture fabric. And the movie toylines probably are why we could get generations and more fan oriented stuff.

Will it happen again?
Agreed.. that's why I'm saying that the Ark being a play set type that you could use with the figures (deluxes, voyagers, etc.) would be the biggest selling point of such a toy.

Trouble is, that makes it nothing more than a small shuttle, as otherwise, it would have be be gigantic, possibly a "barbie doll house" type that you put together with panels, but that would stop many as space wise, most people are too limited for such.

Having it that it might fit a couple of the new "core" figures instead is probably the plan. But if anything like Jetfire that really did a crappy job at such a thing (integration of the head/titan master) I don't expect a smart/good design if they did it. (Heck, even Omega and the other Titans didn't do a good job at it, at least not as much as they could or should have.)

But again, having turn into a robot, to me doesn't work, hence why it would have to be a miracle to "grab" me, especially at a high price... odds are, as much as I LOVE spaceships, this will probably be a pass, ESPECIALLY if it's stupidly overpriced.

I got Fortress on a whim more than anything else, but Omega was a must have (but again, I almost wish that I went with a 3rd party version instead). Note that I did get both on sale prices, so a good 40-50$ (or more, I can't remember how much) less then regular prices

What characters should they have gone with instead? One is easy, I suggested (Armada) Tidal Wave last year and a LOT of fans agreed. There was a huge support for it.

And the movies stuff, lots of the toys are quite decent, some excellent. The movies are about leaving your brain at the door, but yes, they pumped BILLIONS into Hasbro that so many whine and cry over how poor Hasbro has such a little budget and how they struggle to afford making quality toys that aren't complete.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 02-08-2021 at 10:59 AM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 10:48 AM   #23
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
Actually, Unicron shows the limits to the prices that the fans are willing to accept. The original crowd-funding campaign failed, remember.
I remember them extending it...

And that it did eventually succeed had repercussion, as you stated, it PROVED to Hasbro that fans will pay whatever price they go with.

Those that bought it never understood that letting it fail would have pushed Hasbro to reduce the price, but the fear of missing out probably fueled most. The saddest thing is some have actually stated that they planned to buy as many as possible, so to resell at double the price... a fandom that aims to exploits each other, that's what's happening... it's sad. We are not an unified fandom (I know, most aren't) but it would be nice... (but just look at my thread about Hot Rod and Scourge, I dared state facts about the engineering of the figures and that while great, they did have some flaws, and a few that always have to believe themselves "better" (or whatever they think they are) and believe Hasbro can't do wrong, just went and were condescending as always, and degenerated the thread, killing it.)

I've said it many times: I miss the days that collecting wasn't a mainstream geek-chic thing as since this, yes we have more figures, more 3rd parties stuff than we've ever had, but the prices have done nothing be go fairly insane on everything.

And that's how Hasbro was able to jump from 15$ to 30$ for deluxes (and the same ratio for the other classes) almost overnight.... simply because they knew we'd buy, they can lower production, quality, and distribution, anything to maximize profits, and let the fandom fight it out.

And that's probably why the rumor of the end of the Titans class... why make a large figure when for the same cargo space, they can have a dozen smaller figures that ends up making them more money.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 02-08-2021 at 11:01 AM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:30 AM   #24
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
that's probably why the rumor of the end of the Titans class
You know, this got me on a line of thinking to google the boxes

I got the LG-EX version of Metroplex, so I can't speak for the Hasbro Gen release
But looking it up, does Metroplex's box even identify him as a "titan-class"?

CW Devastator's box lists them as "6 voyager class" figs, but doesn't mention "titan" anything

Was TR FortMax the first time "titan class" was officially labelled as such? "Titans Return" and all that

They had it on the box for him, Trypticon, Predaking (with the added caveat of 5 voyagers, like Devy)

And I don't have Omega or Scorp, but looking at their boxes online, seems they dropped the class-identifier for WFC - at least on the front & back images, anyways

Anyways just extrapolating since we all theorizing whether titan-class will be retired? Looking at its origins
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 12:24 PM   #25
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Nope to the nope. This practice of multi-billion dollar companies making their customers crowd fund things while laughably over charging for those same things needs to gtfo right now. You want me to buy it? Get it on the shelf at Wally, TRU, or any other store. The pandemic has made it so I don’t even want to use freaking Amazon anymore, cause I’m tired of my stuff mysteriously vanishing during shipping or sitting in Richmond or Mississauga for a month. If I have to jump through hoops to buy it then I don’t need it.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 02:53 PM   #26
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
You know, this got me on a line of thinking to google the boxes

I got the LG-EX version of Metroplex, so I can't speak for the Hasbro Gen release
But looking it up, does Metroplex's box even identify him as a "titan-class"?

CW Devastator's box lists them as "6 voyager class" figs, but doesn't mention "titan" anything

Was TR FortMax the first time "titan class" was officially labelled as such? "Titans Return" and all that

They had it on the box for him, Trypticon, Predaking (with the added caveat of 5 voyagers, like Devy)

And I don't have Omega or Scorp, but looking at their boxes online, seems they dropped the class-identifier for WFC - at least on the front & back images, anyways

Anyways just extrapolating since we all theorizing whether titan-class will be retired? Looking at its origins
Well.. considering the next "Commander" is Rodimus that's supposed to be voyager sized, and the rest of the "price" is the trailer...

I cannot even imagine what they are going to do to justify the price unless it drops to a few dollars above a leader.

And I never considered Devastator as a titan, just a huge combiner, which is technically the right size that he needs to be for large construction vehicles.
Old 02-08-2021, 02:59 PM   #27
delrue
Crossover

Quote:
I cannot even imagine what they are going to do to justify the price unless it drops to a few dollars above a leader.

Trailer will probably fold out into a base of some sort like they did with Skylynx, but yeah it'll have to be a pretty significantly sized trailer.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 04:13 PM   #28
Alliniere
A giant glowing cloud

If it means we get things like Black Zarak, or other unlikely to sell at retail things like that, sure. BUt I just hope we don't get another Unicron sized guy. I sold some of my rarest collectables to afford one, and I was happy to, but I can't do that AGAIN.
Alliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 05:26 PM   #29
pandaprime
aficionado!

I prefer not to pay titan-class shipping costs

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 06:18 PM   #30
Baryonyx
Armada

They're also out of big-ticket Titans.
Baryonyx is offline   Reply With Quote