Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-05-2015, 11:48 AM   #61
Blurrz
Fast Everything
Re: Automaton???

I just want to support the Canadian stores. I do understand though that stores like AT and A3U need to stay afloat, just like someone else said, tough when its in USD, especially since companies like paypal love to flirt with an exchange rate thats even lower than the actual one.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:00 PM   #62
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomGundam View Post
Oh, I usually gauge my prices in CAD to begin with; the price in CAD is the baseline for me. So it's really the Americans who are paying a bit more (though nowadays it would be "a lot more") than the Canadians.
Not sure I understand... If an item is currently worth 25 USD on the market, what will be your listed price? 25 USD/CAD? In such case, American buyers pay more than Canadian buyers, but not more than what the item is going for on the market. Right?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:12 PM   #63
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

It wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't just swapped their prices 1:1 from CAD to US. Motormaster for $35 CAD is a fair price, especially for a specialty shop, but $35 US is brutal especially factoring in taxes, shipping, and the exchange rate that Paypal offers. Now you're looking at closer to $60 CAD, or nearly double what it suggests you'll be paying. Where is the advantage versus waiting for mass retail? Convenience aside, $25 extra per figure is a tough bit to swallow.

I think I'd be a lot more supportive of them if they were able to charge us a US rate that balanced things out a bit. Say, $30 - $32 USD, so that people didn't feel quite so beaten. What we're looking at now is a brutal price increase that is likely going to drive some places either out of business or hurt them significantly.

Hell, maybe we should all stop collecting. The prices are certainly encouraging us to do just that.
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:26 PM   #64
martind
Generation 2

I too had a very good experience with Mario from Automaton toys and he really is a great guy to deal with but the currency change is really bad right now....The only thing I really hope right now is that the CAD dollar gets better so that we don't get hammered with the exchange rates...
martind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:40 PM   #65
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
It wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't just swapped their prices 1:1 from CAD to US. Motormaster for $35 CAD is a fair price, especially for a specialty shop, but $35 US is brutal especially factoring in taxes, shipping, and the exchange rate that Paypal offers. Now you're looking at closer to $60 CAD, or nearly double what it suggests you'll be paying. Where is the advantage versus waiting for mass retail? Convenience aside, $25 extra per figure is a tough bit to swallow.

I think I'd be a lot more supportive of them if they were able to charge us a US rate that balanced things out a bit. Say, $30 - $32 USD, so that people didn't feel quite so beaten. What we're looking at now is a brutal price increase that is likely going to drive some places either out of business or hurt them significantly.

Hell, maybe we should all stop collecting. The prices are certainly encouraging us to do just that.
CW Motormaster now shows at $29.99 usd on Automaton.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:24 PM   #66
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
Which exactly the price from BBTS. Mario is NOT trying to rip us off. Automaton also has cheaper shipping. The difference between taxes and duties is a wash, in my experience. Note: I haven't looked into all the 3rd party stuff so there may be some prices differences there.
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:40 PM   #67
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
See, that's great! When I looked earlier this week it was 35 usd, so this is great. That's what I'm talking about. Now I'm back on board.
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:17 PM   #68
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
See, that's great! When I looked earlier this week it was 35 usd, so this is great. That's what I'm talking about. Now I'm back on board.
Ya but the option to add to cart is not available right now. Must be waiting for a shipment to arrive.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:13 PM   #69
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

that usually means he pre-sold out but also could mean he is getting stock soon I am ordering one so I do not have to wait/hunt for one
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote