Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 03:42 PM   #9
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Hasbro Pulsecon 2021 ? Transformers Panel Recap

Prime Arcee is definitely a step below her FE toy, but might be a better fembot mould than the Earthrise Arcee design that they've been using lately. If they retool/redeco it as Elita-1, etc. I might get that version, but I'll be passing on this initial release.

Drag Strip seems better than the CW version, but I've never been too interested in Menasor. If they keep releasing these combiner parts and they're compatible with the CW pegs and ports then I might eventually assemble bits and pieces of the two lines into one combiner.

Laser Prime fakes his entire torso, just like the original. I was hoping that they'd do an upscaled version of his RTS version since that one at least had real chest-windows. To me, Laser Optimus Prime was just an articulated Prime released during a time when articulated Transformers were rare, and I never really had any attachment to the design in itself. If the new version had a clever transformation scheme then I might have picked it up just to have a long-nosed G1 Prime, but I've got no reason to get this one. Maybe if they do a Scourge redeco.

Kickback is Kickback. Seems like a good take on the design, and I don't have the G1 Insecticons in my collection, but if I see the Legends versions cheap around the time this guy comes out I might just get those instead. The Insecticons were important enough in the original show that I'd like to have versions of them, but at modern Deluxe prices it would cost more than $100 to get these versions and I don't know if I want them that much.
Skids is a good representation of a boring design and Bulkhead is a crap version of a character that I already have a much better version of.

EDIT: Also, Drag Strip looks like it'd make a decent "Fracture". If they do that then I'll probably get that version. Maybe they could release it with redecoed versions of Groove as Cy-Kill, Vortex as Cop-Turr, one of the Aerialbots as Fitor and maybe Silverbolt as Thruster.

Also, did anyone notice Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime on the side of the box? I doubt that they'll re-release the Commander version in this line, but maybe they have an actually-a-Deluxe version of Hot Rod planned.

Last edited by Whisky Tango Foxtrot; 10-22-2021 at 03:54 PM.
Whisky Tango Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.