Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 08:29 AM   #19
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: Poll: Would you buy a Haslab Titan Class toy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
Actually, Unicron shows the limits to the prices that the fans are willing to accept. The original crowd-funding campaign failed, remember.
Hasbro really wanted to push Unicron ahead, that's for sure. While I did buy into it and am very excited to get Unicron in a couple of months, I feel like this is a 1 off for me, for acceptability of the price. I already thought the Titans class figures were overpriced, much like the MP movie bots and any I did buy was on sale.
I mean, Fort Max is garbage, Metroplex is garbage, and really, is the engineering on Omega, Scorponok and Trypticon really anything special? Metroplex, Fort Max and Trypticon just essentially sit down, Omega I guess kind of as well but his arms come off. Scorponok has a few more steps than just sitting down...I'm not expecting crazyass transformations on these giants, but they are essentially basic figures for almost 300 cad when personally I don't think they are worth more than 100.00. I don't think Marvel Legends or Star Wars Black 6" are worth 40.00. As much as I love Beast Wars and the MP line is nailing them...they shouldn't cost that much either...but because I love the figures, yeah, I am going to pay the price and just not buy other mainstream items. I mean, realistically if they made MP Inferno and MP Silverbolt (Beast Wars still) i'd be good with those 2 and be done with it. Silverbolt for Blackarachnia and Inferno because the Royalty Commands It.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.