Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 02:48 PM   #226
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
Actually, from a money loss standpoint, I was talking to a Walmart manager one day recently and they've already crunched the numbers and they're losing a lot of money to self check-out thefts.
I'm not surprised, there's a lot of opportunity to steal at those. And since they disabled the weighing feature on the bagging areas (at least mine has) since Covid began, nothing is checking that you actually scanned that last item other than 1-2 busy employees supervising a dozen self checkouts.

That and being able to ring weighed items up as bananas or something else super cheap per kg. Buying $8/kg organic avacados? More like 53c per kg bananas!"

Please note: I never pull these shenanigans- I'm the overly scrupulous guy double-checking the codes are exactly right and entering the exact number of bags used, etc. But I can see the flaws in the current implementation.

That said they generally can't accurately tell what's self-checkout theft vs shoplifting vs employee theft. In the system it's all "fewer barcodes scanned and paid for at POS system than (# delivered minus current inventory)". But I'll bet they saw shrinkage spike in every store right after opening self checkouts hence the change.

Last edited by Goaliebot; 09-22-2020 at 12:33 PM.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.