Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #25
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models
Re: War for Cybertron Release Day Sale at Wal-mart Canada

A few months back BestBuy had Gears of War 2 on for $19.99 when it was $40+ everywhere else. I took the (then current) BestBuy flyer into Gamestop (as it was closer) and asked if they'd pricematch and they said they didn't do that. So I went and bought it at BestBuy. Might just be that store or that sales guy, who knows.

Hypothetically, and I'm not saying I advocate this, if one had WFC pre-ordered at EB they could go ahead on June 22 and buy it at EB AND buy one at WalMart. Play the EB version for 6 days, get your Shockwave, etc then return it to EB for the Gaming Guarantee to get full store credit for the retail price you paid for it. You then open the copy you bought at WalMart and keep playing (with Shockwave) with that disc and you have your EB money "back". Only works if you really want Shockwave and/or are locked into your pre-order somehow AND you don't mind having EB store credit (i.e. you buy games there anyway).
But technically at the end of that first week you are out of pocket only the $40 spent at WalMart (though $60-$70 is locked as store credit at EB) AND you have WFC to keep AND you have Shockwave...
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.