View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 08:54 PM   #11
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Northmen Collectibles - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOfflineMan View Post
I'm really sorry to hear that this is happening at Northern Collectibles. When I last visited, it was a one man show.

He's/they're so small that I think he/they get his/their goods from a third-party distributor, rather than from Hasbro themselves. I bought one figure from them a while back and it had a price tag on it, which I thought was strange for an online store.

I understand their policy, given mass cancellations would result in overstocking a toy, which would be a death knell for such a small store.

On the other hand, I do agree they shouldn't keep any money in this case, given they did not hold up their end of the bargain.

Are they on social media? Would posting something there pressure them to act?
It's tough. I do appreciate the "small operation" aspect of it. At the same time, I would argue "don't offer a product you can't produce." It's one thing for people to order shit and cancel it randomly and hurt you. This is a pre-order, that was listed in limited quantities, that is now six months past ETA and eight months past cash given.

That said, I'd rather not do the social media shaming bit. Y'know? They're just a small store. Probably fine for in-stock ordering and on-site sales. Maybe doing a bit more than they are capable of, but no need to bring the mob on them. Certainly if they don't make good I'll leave a negative FB review or something but that would be the extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
That's bs. Definitely give them a call because they can't keep money for a good that was never provided.
Good call. I didn't cancel an item that was there, in the store, in stock, ready for me. I cancelled an order that (six months later) still had no indication of shipping.

I'll call tomorrow if the reply to today's email is not acceptable.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.