Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #422
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: Post your Transformers hauls - 2012 edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
I don't think we can do that. RID is a specific toy line; to label this line RID 2.0 implies a connection to the past one, like Classics and Classics 2.0.

I think the best we could do to not use PRID would be to use TFPRID. Or call this line simply Prime and the FE toys, PFE, or TFPFE.
Really? You're going to go with that then? Universe was called Universe 2.0 yet it really has nothing to do with the original Universe line. It was never called Classics 2.0, because the packaging all says Universe.

I see no reason why Robots in Disguise can't be a Robots in Disguise 2.0, I mean it doesn't need to be tied directly to the past iteration of Robots in Disguise, it's just the second major toyline to feature that sub-branding for the Transformers toyline.

Anyway, I'm going to keep calling it how I feel, I certainly can't stand PRID, besides it isn't even accurate, the so-called 'PRID' Cyberverse stuff is going to include un-released DotM figures in Robots in Disguise packaging. So how would the fans abbreviate that then? DotMRID? Or DMRID? It's all being technical and anal about something that in the long run makes very little sense. (Me included there.)

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.