Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 05:18 PM   #6
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: A rant about bots

It sucks if you're heavy into gaming and want the upgrades ASAP.

BUT I think the only way to combat this, which is probably a losing battle, is to be patient and not pay the inflated prices.

Yes, it's easier said than done. But IMHO, it's like that movie War Games. The only winning move is not to play. I may lose out on a figure. I may not get that upgrade I want right now. But I don't end up paying through the nose as a sucker. Not just a regular sucker, a sucker that knows they're being suckered but walks into the trap, eyes open, any ways.

I've been collecting long enough to know there will always be a new, better version, of a character down the road, so if I miss out, there's always tomorrow. If not, there will always be other opportunities to acquire stuff.

Generally, it's the same for gaming hardware. Today's hotness becomes tomorrow's meh soon enough.

It just takes patience and the ability to tame that inner, whiney child that demands/needs everything right now. But that's like asking Michael Bay not to blow shit up for some.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.