Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 10:26 PM   #19
Chigimus
Masterpiece
Re: $1400 for Dinobots...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcrook View Post
Waiting for a sale is definitely a good idea. On boxing day, a3u had the Fanstoys dinobots on sale for 30% off for normal versions and 40% off on the x/g2/diaclone versions.
That sale was on the FansProject dinobots, not FansToys.

But yeah, the team at FT really know how to handle the MP aesthetic very well. $1400 is slightly high but not by too much. I've been buying each dinobot release either by pre-order or right on release. Looking through my past invoices, each of the first 3 of Scoria, Soar, and Sever worked to about $200 each (shipping included). Right now, you could still find them at various e-tailers and still only pay about $35 more for each under the current shitty conversion ratio..... so let's say $700 to $750 for the first 3 including shipping at today's rates, plus another $260/270 for Stomp and Grinder each. That just works out to be around $1300 for the set, so the OP's guess isn't too far fetched.

Expensive, yes, but worth it at this scale. Just the same, many of our wallets would be a whole lot happier if the 3rd party market would just slow down with MP-scale craze that seems to be trending. Everyone's either doing MP, legends, or SD figures now, it seems like. Personally, I've still got love for CHUG-sized deluxes and voyagers and would gladly see the market show more love for that scale again.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.