Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 06:57 AM   #58
Chigimus
Masterpiece
Re: Half Price Titan Returns Voyagers at Toys R Us Canada April 7-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjcheng View Post
So I have a receipt for a Perceptor I bought last Saturday (4/1) but I opened it. Does this mean I won't be able to price match? Or do I have to find an unopened Perceptor somewhere else? Bring it in and then return it to wherever else I bought it? I was under the impression a receipt is all I need to price match.
If you're matching it against the same place you bought it from originally and it's their own sale, then sure, receipt only is fine.

If you're matching it against a competitor, it depends on where you bought it from originally. TRU typically uses the same SKU # for the same size class across the entire line. So for example, Titans Return deluxe class wave 4 Perceptor has the same SKU # as Skullcruncher from wave 1 (probably), and recently I bought all 3 of the most recent legends wave (Bumblebee, Gnaw, and Kickback) from TRU and they all have the same description and SKU # on the recepit. So if you're matching a sale for TR deluxe classes, you'll probably be able to do so.

On the other hand, if you bought it from Walmart, they have individual descriptions and code their items in their inventory by the product UPC #'s. For TR deluxe wave 3, Walmart's item description actually say Hot Rod, Doublecross, and Triggerhappy (for example). If you take only the receipt back to Walmart, they're not going to know that a "Triggerhappy" is a Transformers toy, let alone a TR deluxe class toy. So to improve your chances of pricematching with the competitor, it's in your favor to bring it back complete with packaging because if they won't match it at customer service, at least by having it complete they will be able to refund it based on their own return policy, then you can re-buy it as new according and match it at the checkout instead.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.