Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 05:49 PM   #78
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: I just transformed...

I'm transforming everything in my storage bucket to make them store easier while they're not on my shelves. So I might have a bunch of posts today about transforming a whole lot of Siege and PWT stuff. lol

First up: the PotP mold fembots (Moonracer, Firestar, Greenlight, Lancer)

Transformation is nice and easy and I like the way the legs and canopy combine into the front end of the car. It's just a shame the back end is so lazy with the blatant bot chest on the top and the uncovered arms dangling off the back so that you can still see the hands.

Next: Siege Chromia

I appreciate the better engineering for posability in robot mode, but there are a lot more fussy bits in her transformation and it still has the same issues that the PotP version of this design has with the back end being lazy and having so many exposed bot parts.

I also kinda wish they had made the car canopy detachable to work like a riot shield.

PotP Elita-1

I don't hate the weird chunky-limbed design with Elita as much as I do with PotP Starscream, but man this transformation suuuucks. It just shoves the body up under the jet wings and doesn't hide anything. The head, arms and hands, and legs are all clearly visible. It's also really hard to tuck everything into position cleanly, especially because the folding on the wings also inescapably damages the stickers on the back.

If I didn't make it easier to store I would probably never transform this one. Heck. If I was able to replace her with the Netflix Elita I would.

Assorted PWT Legends Class

Outback - easy enough. I don't like that the head just swivels around with nothing else to cover it. Getting the forearms twisted around to put in place is also a little tight.

Beachcomber - the pullout to extend the midsection, hide the head, and align the buggy's roll cage is a fun and unique setup. The legs tab together nicely too. It would've been nice to do more to hide the arms/hands though.

Cosmos - A lot of fun and deceptively creative. My only concern is that eventually his head might no longer secure in place and he'll look like a headless bot.

Slash/Cindersaur - I like most of their transformations. I just wish that back panel that hides the dino head in robot mode would close up better, because on both of mine it just sort of sits up like a loose flap because there's nothing to secure it. The obvious gap in the abdomen left by how the legs fold back also kinda sucks. Would've been nice to have them sit down flush to the rest of the body. Maybe also a way to hide the dino feet better in robot mode, or flip them up more so they look like knives in a reverse grip.

Windcharger/Tailgate - I hate this one. I got both because I wanted both of the characters, but the transformation to car mode is finicky and frustrating to line up. The biggest frustration point is the fold-out roof/windshield bits that are hidden in the legs. The hing tends to come apart easily and then getting them to come down in place and tab into the hood without overcurling and getting stuck underneath is fidgety, and if they don't line up I have to bend the legs back and start that whole transformation step over again.

Seaspray - The legs are a little awkward to accordion into place. I like the parts that hinge up and down to get the horizontal hovercraft body out of the vertical robot one without it just being "now lay him on his back and you're done". Covering the head with that flip-up panel is a disappointing cheat though.

Last edited by The Nemesis; 04-05-2021 at 07:01 PM.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.