Old 07-12-2021, 03:52 PM   #27
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: 15 cent bruticus on amazon.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
Ordered 1.
This is what I got from Amazon.

Because shipment of this order has not yet been confirmed by the seller, your credit card has not been charged and we are not able to provide you with shipment detail
So no issues.
Same for me.

I've done some checking about Amazon's practices for payments, and credit cards, info, etc. and from what I found, the most a seller could get in your name and address to mail the item (duh...).

Amazon is basically a proxy between you and the sellers, and uses a "split" approach to lock the crebit card in two different encrypted servers with each having only half the info and using a reference identifier, they will ping the credit card provider to ensure that it's valid, not reported stolen (or lost, etc.), and then will push the payment through as required.

So amazon is the only one that charges you, adds the seller's info/identifier (for your reference on your monthly bill), and (from the "other side") then will pay the seller via their own account/set-up with Amazon. So the seller never sees any info from your payment, they just get a payment from Amazon with the purchase info (invoice).

Any "hacks" or such, appears to be more about user errors, mistake, someone trying to circumvent Amazon (paying the seller directly for a "special deal"), viruses and such on the buyer's side, etc.

Don't know if anyone has better/different information (that they can confirmed as official), but from what I found, there doesn't seem to be much if any risk here.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 07-12-2021 at 03:55 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.