Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-21-2021, 11:58 PM   #2298
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
Did you show them the email that you got from TRU? If so, I suspect what happened is they looked at your email:

Subtotal: $119.99
Discount: -$38.89
Shipping: $13.89
Taxes: $11.40
Total: $106.39

They then just looked at the "Discount" amount and then deducted that amount from the $124.99 the item currently costs NOT realizing that the Discount also includes the Shipping costs.

Your "Shipping" cost may be a bit lower than mine due to location as if they did something similar, I would get $86.01 + tax.

Could be wrong of course.

interesting theory.

I'll have to see what happens when I show up to collect mine. I'm supposed to get a status check for where mine is on Monday. I e-mailed TRU customer service on Friday morning just to make sure I knew how the store would be contacting me and if they had my phone number if that was the proper method (because I don't trust them to try and fail to get me by phone and go "oh well, I guess it goes on the shelf"). A couple hours later I get a call from the CS rep to check that my phone # is correct and offering to check up on where my Roddy is if I e-mail her again on Monday to remind her even though that wasn't what I needed help for in the first place.

You know, for as trash of an experience as store-level TRU customer service has been for me, their central/online CS people have been awesome.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.