Old 06-03-2021, 05:56 PM   #220
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Me & ER Quintesson Judge

Found wave 2 once (grabbed Huffer & Ractonite), but all Airazors were gone

I got Ractonite off the shelves at the start of the wave, but have never seen anything besides it and Arcee. Ended up getting Huffer and Airazor off Amazon last week. But Dinobot is only for sale through the marketplace for like $60 and up and I don't want to buy from a 3rd party site that's going to charge me $10-15+ shipping for something that by all rights should be widely and easily available.

Maybe I'd be better off if I hadn't decided I don't want to patron EB Games ever again, but I made that choice and I don't really want to go back on it if at all possible

Quote:
Found wave 2 cores at a different place once before the current lockdown; passed at the time
Might try to find Megs now

If I lived in the next town over there's like 4 Walmarts within 20-30 minutes of each other (including a pair that are literally 5 minutes apart). But not here. And it's 45 minutes+ just to get to the nearest one of those walmarts from where I live. So instead I get one Walmart and one TRU and they're separated by the major highway/through road that I often don't feel like crossing mid-day because traffic is nuts. and that'd be fine if TRU had a functional, decent website that didn't make finding the item you want about as easy as Indiana Jones trying to take the golden idol from its temple. Never mind the issue of whether or not the store stock indicators are a) working or b) anywhere close to accurate.

For cripes' sake their website still lists the Kingdom release of Arcee as "coming soon" even though Wave 2 has been on the shelves for a couple months.

I also wish they'd open up ship-to-store again, because when cheaper stuff comes out I'd just buy it online except that the free shipping threshold was jacked up from like $40-50 or whatever it used to be to like $90 now. and when they almost never have even half a wave consistently in stock at the same time, my chances of getting to that point without trawling their site and tossing in extra items I don't need/want goes way down.

Buying Earthrise stuff from them has practically furnished me with a massive armory of nerf guns just so I had something to get me to free shipping (and yes, I'm aware that spending $30 to get to free shipping that would only cost me $15 is dumb and counter-productive. There's just something about paying for a service that I could potentially get free that ends up sticking in my craw. Even though I know that's probably exactly what they want me to do.)

Last edited by The Nemesis; 06-03-2021 at 06:02 PM.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.